Have you got an ESTA?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=805541]…All I was querying who was at fault (certainly Menzies being the check-in agent, which for some reason you omitted) but the claim would be processed by the carrier for which I agreed with you…did you follow this anomaly with the carrier?…

[/quote]

Menzies is irrelevant. They are BA’s agent, the customer’s contract is with BA.

No different to a baggage handler driving into a plane. BA’s problem.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=805581]

…All I was querying who was at fault (certainly Menzies being the check-in agent, which for some reason you omitted) but the claim would be processed by the carrier for which I agreed with you…did you follow this anomaly with the carrier?…

Menzies is irrelevant. They are BA’s agent, the customer’s contract is with BA.

No different to a baggage handler driving into a plane. BA’s problem.

[/quote]

Absolutely. The regulation isn’t interested in the airline’s sub-contracting arrangements, as it is a consumer protection driven piece of legislation.

That principle can lead to some oddities, though; take the case of a tour operator overbooking a flight, when they (and not the carrier) control the ticket sales – the operating carrier will still be liable to pay EC261 compo and will then have to seek redress from the tour operator.

Ekond222
    Participant

[quote quote=805555]

..Sincere apologies, as this was not the intention for invoking such an aggressive response…

Aggressive? really?

You are going down an irrelevant rabbit hole, which is why I ‘omitted’ Menzies – I didn’t actually omit anything material, it just appears that you do not understand that.

That’s not how we define ‘aggressive’ in Yorkshire, that would be ‘listen up cloth ears, tha’s no idea, tha daft b*gger, come back on when tha’s in long kex’.

[/quote]

…oh dear FDOS looks like you’ve moved from aggressive to abusive…it’s a good to know you’re not a bully…more of trusted ‘Uncle James’ type of Yorkshiremen…

Krsnp
    Participant

Happens to me every time I fly out of SHJ Airport (which, fortunately, is not very often). The check-in agents are just so clueless, and a supervisor seems to always have to be involved every 5 passengers or so. Needless to say, the waiting time at that airport is considerably longer than anywhere else I’ve been.

That said, this thread reminds me of something similar I encountered in AUH. I was flying WY with a brief stopover in MCT en route to my home country. I gave a print out of my e-ticket to the staff, and a few minutes later, I was still waiting (I only had to drop my luggage and print my boarding pass, so shouldn’t have taken that long). I thought there was some issue with the system, until he phoned one of his colleagues and asked her if I needed a visa for Oman because he couldn’t find the information. I quickly jumped in and pointed out that my final destination is not Oman, and only then he realized it. My boarding pass was printed in less than a minute.

stevescoots
    Participant

Has any one tried the official ESTA site in the past few days? I have been trying since Wednesday to do 2 new applications and can either not get past the first confirm page without a time out or after filling in details it times out/page not found. tried on 3 devices and 2 locations as well.

https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta

stevescoots
    Participant

solved it, and very bizare. Would not work on my Phone browser either, but when i switched to 4G instead of Wi-fi it all worked ok. very strage, I guess the US government do not like my network but then the ESTA website has always been very clunky

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls