Have you been bundled?

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Ryanair, eat your heart out!

http://www.unbundlers.com/

very funny!

Cedric_Statherby
    Participant

Nice, even if very tongue in cheek of course.

But Yes, I have been bundled almost every day and in almost everything I buy. When I buy meat from the butcher it includes the plastic bag he wraps it in, and the use of his card machine, and the refrigeration of the meat before he sells it. When I buy petrol it includes the use of the pump, and the cloth to wipe your hands. When I buy a postage stamp it includes both the service (delivering my letter) and the piece of paper itself (the actual stamp). And, for good measure, the glue on the back.

Of course things are bundled. And it makes life very much easier that they are. And the airline industry would be much much better and more customer friendly if they dropped all the add-ons and surcharges and extra fees (this applies to airports too) and just told us what the all-in cost was.

Andrew66
    Participant

Agree with you completely CS !! They call it A La Carte pricing , you choose what you want , the difference is that the add ons cost more than you would really expect them to , it’s easy to strip back all types of service to create a cheap headline price , but just by adding on a few ” extras” the price zooms up past the cost of a provider who includes what you would expect to get .

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls