Has social media improved your travel experience?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

Dear forum posters,

We are running a feature in our September edition on how airlines, airports and hotels are using social media to improve customer support, and would like to get some feedback from you…

Are you on Twitter and Facebook and do you actively follow any airlines, airports or hotels?

If so what do you use the platforms for and have they been helpful? (Any specific examples would be great.)

If not, why not?

Which platform do you find more useful for you as a business traveller?

Do you follow the @BTUK Twitter page or Like our facebook.com/BusinessTraveller page? If so what do you think of them? How can we improve them?

What other kinds of social media channels do you use? (If any?)

Many thanks!

ChinaEddie
    Participant

Hi all,

Just some personal sharing… I find Social Medias useful for keeping away (or at least re-schedule) from troubled spots in east Asia — which occasionally happens due to …err, let’s say – “unrest”.

Especially telling when Social Medias are silent.

cheers

Ed

stevescoots
    Participant

I follow some pages on FB and G+ but to be honest I tend to use forums and local contacts for advice

ChinaEddie
    Participant

🙂 That’s assuming you have dependable contacts, and not doing account/customer cold callings. 🙂

PatJordan
    Participant

I recently had some issues with the BMI website. The call centre and the usual emails didn’t really resolve anything.

However within a day of my raising the issues on BMIs Facebook page, I received an invitation to email my concerns to their social media department. I received an email response the next day.

It is certainly a sign of the times that a Facebook query is more effective than using the normal channels of communication within a company.

Pat.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

I wonder if this approach would work for all you lot that have problems with Singapore Airlines new website? x

Pat hope all your problems get sorted quickly!! be sure to let us know how you get on 🙂 xx

PatJordan
    Participant

Hi Becky,

yes, all sorted thanks to this amazingly helpful department !

If Singapore Airlines have a similar page on Facebook, Twitter, etc it might just do the trick. I’d imagine a reputable airline wouldn’t want their deficiencies seen by the thousands who read these sites.

Pat

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls