Has Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary finally lost it?

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

CorkCraig
    Participant

Let me start by saying that I am quite fond of Ryanair. You certainly get what you pair for in an adequate flight from poitn A to point B.

I, however, am shocked and disturbed by the actions and statements made by Micheal O’Leary.

Just when I thought je could not be more disgraceful with his “only those in the slums are contracting Pig Flu” he is also sexist and racist.

I came across a list of these offenses on a site, IrishCentral.com, here:

http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-airline-chief-OLeary-puts-foot-in-mouth-for-publicitys-sake.html">http://www.irishcentral.com/news/Irish-airline-chief-OLeary-puts-foot-in-mouth-for-publicitys-sake.html

I think I am going to take a bold step and no longer fly with this airline to line the pockets of this lunatic.

Biggless
    Participant

Let me start by saying that I am definitely not a fan of Ryanair or indeed any low cost airline. However, having checked out the link, I personally find it very refreshing that someone in his position is not worried about being PC. Let me also say that I think he is almost certainly wrong but he’s entitled to his opinion and quite frankly I couldn’t care less if he thought the moon was made of cheese. But I don’t see how his comments make him a racist ?

Don’t be silly; the little gobshite ‘lost it’ years ago.
    (Before we hear again from VintageKrug at his sanctimonious best ‘gobshite’ is a word that can be found in any dictionary; for example according to Collins ‘Irish taboo slang a stupid person’ – can anyone think of a better description of and for O’Leary?). I stopped taking O’Leary seriously when he complained that disabled people expected to use wheelchairs! The man is a buffoon and deserves nothing except our contempt.

Biggless
    Participant

Maybe. Reminds me of an old saying “if you pay peanuts you get monkeys” Stick with the proper airlines to get a full serice – wheel chairs included. The low cost model is to cut cost to the bone and charge for everything – fair enough that is one business model for running an airline. But as I made clear in my first post, I would rather go to hell and back than use a low cost carrier ! To be serious, I judge the airlines on the service on board and on the ground and I really don’t give a damn as to who is in charge or what they think !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls