Has BA pulled off Inverness?!

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• openfly
    Participant

All my 4 return flights have been cancelled in Jan and Feb to and from INV and LHR.
    Easyjet must be very happy.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Just had a look at the timetables page on ba.com and although there are not many flights the route remains – with more flights scheduled for April onwards. Maybe one of the routes which BA is currently reducing schedules for in light of Covid staff shortages (and IMO too many redundancies in recent years).

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Flights were also halted in November 2020.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-54871936

openfly
    Participant

Talking to “insiders” at BA it seems that INV is one of the routes to be pruned due to such a lack of cabin crew. What is annoying is that I booked a Club flight that was cancelled two hours later and it will take at least 6 weeks to get my refund….nice work if you can get it! But BA are not following the rules and offering a replacement flight on another carrier. At least I can claim EU261 on the two canx flights within 14 days of travel!!

I have just hit the one hour waiting to get through on the Gold Line….I remember when I could get through straight away, as “a valuable customer”!! Remember when???

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I do remember. Now it is wait an hour, and then often get cut off a few minutes later.

It’s very frustrating. There was a post by Sean Doyle encouraging people to book now some of the testing restrictions have been relaxed, but as people pointed out, it can be very difficult to book at the moment if you have any need other than a new point-to-point booking.

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6884555295083823104/

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I don’t understand why the BA website is incapable of handling / managing queries and flight changes…

Most, not all, UK banks and investment houses have managed to get financial transactions efficiently online and there are far more financial transactions than air tickets in the UK. I cant remember the last time I needed to go into my bank or even needed to call them.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Inverness is an interesting departure point in as much as travellers pay no APD.

Savvy travellers (especially booking premium classes and flying long-haul) when travelling alone or with family members can save money departing Inverness.

I am surprised at the lack of BA flights to LHR seeing as these had been increased before the pandemic possibly because of the canny travellers seeking to avoid APD.

Likewise KLM began services from Inverness at the same time as BA was increasing its LHR frequency.

I have just checked Klm.com (for this month) and I see that KLM continues to operate INV-AMS albeit with far fewer flights than it used to operate.

openfly
    Participant

One has to wonder how many INV long-haul connectors have been totally messed up by these moves.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

From the Inverness Courier. [paywall]

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/news/inverness-heathrow-route-hangs-by-a-thread-after-services-su-262906/

And yet KLM continues to operate INV-AMS albeit with a drastically reduced schedule.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller December 2021 / January 2022 edition
Business Traveller December 2021 / January 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls