Has BA closed the U.K. Gold Line?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

• openfly
    Participant

I’ve tried contacting the BA Gold Line 0800..uk..number several times with no luck. There is no reference to the Gold Line, just seems that I am in the queue. Spent 90 mins of my life trying to get through! They are not replying to Twitter either! Has BA gone bust?…

Fair2380
    Participant

Had same issue. Apparently they’re ‘protecting the health and safety of all (their) staff’ and so have a reduced service. Odd that in Summer 2020 I was needing to speak to them almost weekly and didn’t have any delays in getting through…..

I am guessing that the (even more) shocking service you now get on board is part of this commitment to protect the health and safety of their staff too.

2 users thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

I’ve flown 4 BA sectors in the last two weeks out of T5…not one has pushed back within 30 mins of schedule….also protecting the staff from COVID??!!

anyonebutba
    Participant

I’ve flown 4 BA sectors in the last two weeks out of T5…not one has pushed back within 30 mins of schedule….also protecting the staff from COVID??!!

oh bless. 3rd world problems huh lol

Johnnyg
    Participant

In the last ten days I have been trying to cancel a part avios flight to Berlin. A total of of over 17 hours on the phone (various numbers), facebook, twitter and messenger. What a total waste of time.

As for using the chatbot, responses were always thank you, our team will be with you within 24 hours. I am still waiting.

My partner got through to an agent who cancelled her seat and stated that the Avios would be in her account within 24 hours, ( it was immediate last time) 6 days later she is still waiting, the agent refused to cancel mine on the same phone call.

Now cancelled but 10 days???

What a bloody joke.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not ideal, I ‘cancelled’ 2 avios bookings recently by firstly changing the date of travel by a month, then writing a cancelation letter and asking a checkin agent to find a manager who will accept and deal with the cancelation letter, explaining the phones are not being picked up. Staff were extremely understanding and helpful.

Agreed, not everyone is flying at the moment, but at least this solved the issue without hanging on the phone.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Apparently they’re ‘protecting the health and safety of all (their) staff’ and so have a reduced service.

This is the biggest excuse I’ve heard to justify employing less people and making you wait on line much longer than usual. Same with contact form via email, never had an answer in less than three days.

If as they say, people are working from home, how does employing less personnel and making the customer wait endanger the health and safety of their staff? And this is not just with airlines but with so many other service providers.

Do they all think we are so gullible as to believe their excuses???

3 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

It certainly is under pressure. I waited for 45 minutes this evening but then gave up.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

As an update, I got through today after around 40 minutes.

RomP
    Participant

Called them last Thursday 9/12 at 11:20am and got through in less than 10 but could have been 5mins. It was pretty quick and wasn’t expecting this as I had seen prior comments. GLA!

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

You were lucky! When I didn’t get through yesterday evening I decided to be clever and rang the Mexico BA number through WhatsApp and waited 20 minutes before hanging up.
    Got the bill for £30 this morning.
    Never pays to be too clever.

SimonS1
    Participant

I’m sure this will be another cost saving banked together with the usual BA BS about “customer feedback is that our premium clients enjoy long periods listening to canned music”.

6 users thanked author for this post.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I don’t know if call centres are affected by Covid vacancies (maybe less so, if people are also able to work from home) but every business is suffering from staff absences at the moment.

Lots of stories on social media about people having flights cancelled at the last moment because of lack of staff – heartbreaking when you consider what some have gone though to get on that flight in terms of paying for testing not to mention the emotional side of it – getting ready to visit friends and loved ones after a long period apart.

And domestically – LNER alone cancelled up to 16 departures each day…

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/train-firms-blame-covid-for-widespread-cancellations-856jqdxkc

“London North Eastern Railway has cancelled 16 trains a day so far between London, Lincoln and Leeds until Christmas. It warned that more services could be cut because of “an increased level of absence in drivers and train managers due to coronavirus”.

RomP
    Participant

Hi Tom, how did you get a bill for making a call using WhatsApp via your data plan or a wifi connection unless you were overseas without wifi?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Good question. I was on wifi, used WhatsApp but something in the settings used the cellular network.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller December 2021 / January 2022 edition
Business Traveller December 2021 / January 2022 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls