Has anyone got through to the BA Call Centre ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)

• anyonebutba
    Participant

[postquote quote=1006351][/postquote]

yes i get through within minutes each time I call, never an issue my end

Crawford
    Participant

Going round in circles tonight. It appears all numbers inc Gold have been consolidated into 0800 727 800

The Gold dedicated number just hangs up

It’s almost impossible to talk to anyone. I want to add a return flight on an Amex 2-4-1 booking. Impossible online.

I love BA but they are making things V hard especially for Gold members

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1007903]I love BA but they are making things V hard especially for Gold members[/quote]

Well Charles, they’re making it near nigh impossible for the rest of us mere mortals

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Just got through twice, both times in just a few minutes. Called the regular number, not Gold card number. Very helpful lady booked the middle “comfort” seat for us for €143 round trip. Excellent service!

DiamondDad68
    Participant

I’ve just managed to get through after trying for the last five days. This time I was only cut off twice before entering the queue.

Crawford
    Participant

Surely we and BA want BA to survive and that starts with those who fly the most ? [postquote quote=1008326][/postquote]

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1008374]Surely we and BA want BA to survive and that starts with those who fly the most ?

Sorry Charles,
    Wasn’t having a pop, just commenting on my ongoing frustration . Which continues today !

Woke up early and dialled the number at 5.59 AM ( i minute before opening) — Took option 2 , just to experience the familiar message before the inevitable auto hang up !!
    Rang immediately back and chose option 1 (Avios booking) and low and behold , after 27 minutes got through to Ellie .
    Pleasant enough girl, but clearly needed a caffeine hit . Politely explained that I didn’t want a refund nor a voucher just help moving my cancelled flight !!
    Back came the reply ” I’m not trained in VAT & Tax transactions, i’ll transfer you to our booking team ……

You wont need 2 guesses to figure out what happened next !!!

The REFUND option is becoming more and more appealing —
    And i won’t re-book with BA

DerekVH
    Participant

I mistakenly assumed that because BA had cancelled a flight I had booked with AVIOS and an AMEX companion voucher that they would automatically refund, I was surprised to find out that they don’t!

Used the online chat function and everything refunded within a matter of minutes, excellent service considering the pressure the teams must be under.

canucklad
    Participant

Thought I’d bore with you with an update …….

Finally got through and here’s a summary.

Me : looking to move dates on a cancelled flight , but online manage /change will only accept change on inbound flight.
    BA : You can’t do that , because your outbound flight must be taken within a week of the original date .
    Me :Why
    BA : Because we’ve had your payment since October 2019
    Me: OK, I’ll take the voucher option and rebook the cheaper flights on the dates I want
    BA : You’re not eligible for a voucher , because of rapid jibberish and an apologetic sigh !
    Me : It can’t be this hard, I want to remain loyal to you
    BA : That’s our rules I’m afraid .
    Me : But you can process a full refund for me ?
    BA : Yes, that I can do that for you , is that what you want?
    Me : No, I’d rather keep my booking (Pleading/ Begging)
    BA: Rules won’t allow for that.
    Me : Okay, give me a full refund and I’ll book with Cathay , thanks for your help
    BA ; Thank you for your custom

[quote quote=1008462]The REFUND option is becoming more and more appealing —
    And i won’t re-book with BA[/quote]

An incredibly nice person , who just couldn’t do what they wanted to do. BA’s loss is Cathay’s or KLM’s gain —- Moronic business logic !!

ASK1945
    Participant

canucklad – why don’t you send a copy of this message to BA Customer Services? I (for one) would love to read their reply.

canucklad
    Participant

You know what ASK1945, I was so flabbergasted at the whole situation that I was tempted to send correspondence to the BA management team, querying their business logic.

Alas, I’m so fed up with BA , that once I’ve burned my remaining Avios points I’ll be having nothing more to do with them .

Maybe Alex, Mark or Tom might want to get a response from their BA contacts ?

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Given that morale must be worse than rock bottom, it´s a wonder anyone even answered the phone

Viewing 12 posts - 31 through 42 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls