Has anyone got through to the BA Call Centre ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

I used the regular UK number for everyone and got through after maybe 15 minutes – think it was around noon..that being said there have been other times I just gave up.

Rosesresident
    Participant

My flights BCN-LHR were cancelled, and voucher request page repeatedly told me my locator was incorrect. The Spanish phone number was listed as disconnected, and the expensive UK number would not connect my call on any occasion. I still had to listen to the BA litany of how they were looking after their staff. Eventually I tried the Executive Club number, a local call in Spain.

After a long wait I was eventually connected to Alison, working in Merseyside, who swiftly and with good humour solved my problem and arranged a refund. Well done Alison. Incidentally, I tried several times to post a thank you on the site, and it was rejected each time, so I hope someone who knows her will see this and give her a big hug from me. Terry Eiss

Jmur
    Participant

After a 28 minute wait I got through this morning around 08.30 and quickly got a refund on a BA holiday to New York.

Charles
    Participant

I found the bigger challenges are a) Finding the Gold number on the BA website and b) BA Holidays

BA Holidays are hopeless and there is no Gold number either. A transfer from the normal Gold line puts you to either the back of a queue or being hung up on

Twice recently BA have cancelled flights on BA holidays. It’s easiest and often cheaper to rebook the holiday yourself. But there must be huge leakage as people book with others or don’t bother and BA leak commission.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1006574][/postquote]

Hi Charles,
    If you log in to your BA account as BA Gold it tells you contact number.

Concerning BA Holidays I understand that it is now just one number for all. I had flights & car booked on BA and this is classed as a BA Holiday booking. Voucher received within 5 days.

A BA couple of Avios bookings had Avios refunded before the call was finished, and taxes etc. were back in Amex within 7 days. The only very slow cancellation was a cash + Avios UPG booking which is possibly more complex, and was also more expensive. Still waiting after 2 weeks but a call confirmed that it is in process, and was advised not to ask to re-submit as this would cause it to go to the back of the queue.

TonyR
    Participant

I’ve called the BA Gold number several times over the last few days and always got through within a minute or two of the pre-recordings ending.

1 user thanked author for this post.

canucklad
    Participant

Not a Gold member anymore …so it’s a

NO
    NO
    No
    No
    No
    No

and finally No

mike
    Participant

Had little wait times during the last few months calling from Canada. However, the BA vouchers should have the amount paid included. I’ve paid additional fees for fare differences on a ticket that was supposed to travel in April, July and now August. Parts of the booking was canceled by BA.

canucklad
    Participant

I’m actually getting very annoyed ……

Telling me about uncertain times and welfare of their employees is fair enough, but telling me that I can easily resolve my enquiry my logging into BA.com / my account is simply a lie …

And whats even more annoying and frustrating is I’m trying to remain loyal and move my cancelled flight / booking.

Alas, I can move my inbound flight no problem, but can’t find availability for the outbound date or should I say dates.
    Worse and more galling than the stones that give you acute pain, I can book those same dates from new and cheaper than my current fare.

BA, have now lost my confidence — Poor Show

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

canucklad
    As BA have cancelled your flight you are entitled to a cash refund. Although you can only get this option by calling them. Then you can book the new flight at the cheaper fare. I have done this myself.

Alternatively apply for a voucher refund, use the voucher for the new flight at the cheaper fare and a second voucher will be issued for the remaining difference to be used against another future booking. I have not tried this option myself but know other people have been successful in following this approach.

mike
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. Don’t mind voucher for future travel, but the monetary value should be on the voucher.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Interesting to read these comments about BA vouchers. I had a flight + car booking which I cancelled because of UK quarantine. Flights going ahead as scheduled, not cancelled by BA. My voucher was in the form of an e-mail, which I must admit I had not looked at closely until now, and this is what it said

“We have received your voucher request and have cancelled your British Airways Holidays booking accordingly.
    You now have €417.00 to use towards a future booking; please visit ba.com when you are ready to re-book and complete payment with a credit or debit card as usual. This email is your voucher, no attachments or codes are required.
    If you pay a deposit on your new booking, we will reduce the balance due by the above amount. Alternatively, if your booking is paid in full, we will arrange a refund of the voucher value.
    If there is a difference in price from the original booking, any increase is payable by you at the time of re-booking and any decrease is refundable with a further voucher.
    Your voucher must be redeemed for travel up to 30 April 2022. You can find the full voucher Terms and Conditions, along with details of our Book with Confidence options here.”

It seems that I just make any booking and pay for it as usual, then get a refund.

Please reply to this email with your new booking reference once made. Alternatively, please call our contact centre to make a booking by phone, contact details here

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Sorry, the last sentence, Please reply……. was part of the BA mail.

mike
    Participant

“Your future travel voucher is here. Thank you for your patience while we processed your application.

Voucher code(s)
    125-211XXXXXXX
    125-211XXXXXXX

You can use this voucher to pay or part-pay for a new booking. We’ll give you another voucher if you don’t use its full value. Your voucher has the same value as your original booking.

Flights or holidays booked using your voucher must be completed by 30 April 2022.

How to use your voucher
    Simply call us when you’re ready to book a flight or holiday, tell us your voucher code(s) and we’ll complete your booking.

Get in touch

We look forward to welcoming you on board when the time comes.

British Airways Customer Service”

NO MONETARY VALUE ON BOTH VOUCHERS

canucklad
    Participant

Cheers for the advice Frequent Flyer
    What’s angering me is the simple fact that I can’t move flights to clearly available dates
    The other thing is that their call centre is obviously under pressure , yet their online functionality issues is driving calls into an already stressed environment
    So much for employees welfare

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls