Has anyone got through to the BA Call Centre ?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)

• tonywells1961
    Participant

Every time I try, I go though the various options only to be told to call back and then the call ends. Very frustrating.

I wonder if that is happening for all calls or has anyone actually managed to get through to a human being ?

Welshman
    Participant

Yes I have spoken to a lovely girl working from home in Manchester last friday. It was after I received e-mail on thursday advising that BA had cancelled my air miles flight from Heathrow in february and didn’t offer a replacement . It did take 4 calls before i remained in the system and was not cut off!! She was really helpful and got me on a flight departing the next day

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Similar situation when calling the Gold card number. Keep trying at various times and you will get through.

When you do get through staff are friendly and helpful.

greyhawkgeoff
    Participant

Yes today in about 3 minutes re a pair of cancelled flights, avios refunded within 5 minutes and Amex refund promised within a week. Total time under 8 minutes from start to finish with the gold line number.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Fair2380
    Participant

Agree. Been constantly in contact with Gold BAEC throughout as was trapped away from my home in DXB. Always got through promptly to very accommodating and helpful staff (who managed to keep a sense of humour through all this).

Johnnyg
    Participant

Both my partner and I have had to speak to them, a friend advised us to call 6 am ish, we did and got through every time , longest wait, about 30 seconds. All flights were airmiles and neither of us are gold. The airmiles were re instated into our accounts whilst we were talking.

Montysaurus
    Participant

I got through at opening time (0900 UTC) on a Saturday morning, within a few seconds. 4 flights rebooked with 4 vouchers, all on different routes from the 4 originals, all done within 30 minutes. The gentleman I dealt with handled it all excellently. As I implied in another post if only BA senior management was as good as this chap.

fatbear
    Participant

I last needed to call a couple of months ago. Following a tip on here I called in the evening ( 7pm ish ) and go through straight away. Like others, the person I spoke with was extremely helpful.

tonywells1961
    Participant

Many thanks for the helpful replies – I will keep plugging away.

Ade999
    Participant

I’ve had another flight cancelled today. Tried to manage my booking and only options are change flights or voucher. Called BA and went through the cancelled option. On hold for 90 minutes and the line just cancels out. Phone back and put in option to make amendment to booking and answered in 2 minutes.
    While I fully understand they need and want custom, to change options and capacity like this is totally out of order. There is going to be a point where we are working in this environment that they need to sort their infrastructure and their customer service.

Malachi1
    Participant

I got through, the phone rang once and someone picked up. Aug 9, 9pm UK time.

I called the USA number, and it gave a UK number to call.

Fair2380
    Participant

Not really out of order. A cancellation is not time sensitive, a booking amendment usually is. Whatever the motive, it makes complete operational sense to prioritise those who need to find other options to complete tinker trip.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1006427][/postquote]

Or just recall sufficient staff from furlough to staff the phone lines properly?

BApremiercardholder
    Participant

Called there Capetown call centre to try and get to vouchers used up for a Club Europe upgrade. Was told it was possible last week. Yesterday was told it’s not. Get different answers all the time. Best to call them early evening UK time. Good luck!! Once apon a time one could call a dedicated number and always have a person from London on the end of the line with a can do attitude. Not anymore!! SIA anyday

openfly
    Participant

@Bapremiercardholder….”called their CPT call centre”…BA don’t have a CPT call-centre, it’s based in JNB, always has been. The BA office in Newlands was closed down many years ago. The only true BA staff are the four excellent staff at the airport, dealing with the operational side of the flights.

In these uncertain times…if you are a Prem call your UK dedicated number. It will be answered very quickly. You should have no probs getting through.

I’ve had to call the Gold Exec Club line 4 times in the last week. Each time I was answered immediately, the 4 refunds were back to my Amex in 24 hours. The service was so friendly and helpful that on the 4th call the lady got a gold card complimentary!!

You certainly will not get better service with SIA…..!

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls