Happy New Year from the Cruzifier

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• openfly
    Participant

The lalest missive this morning from BA is regarding the 2500 Tier point upgrade voucher, informing how things are “so much better after listening to the customers”. It fails to mention that you can still only use the voucher to upgrade a cabin if there is an Avios seat available in that cabin…fine on a LHR-MAN, but try a popular long-haul route!!
    I have written several times to BA saying that this incentive to get to 2500 Tier Points is a total waste of time…are they really “listening to the customer”?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Dear Mr Gold Member,

As a Gold Member, you receive a Gold Upgrade voucher for one or two people when you reach at least 2,500 Tier Points. This entitles you (and a companion) to a free cabin upgrade* when you next book British Airways flights with us or a Travel Agent.

We’ve listened to your feedback and are making improvements to the voucher booking process. If you book with a Travel Agent you no longer need to use it at the time of booking; simply contact us directly up to 24 hours before your flight to upgrade. If you’d like to make any further changes after you’ve redeemed your voucher, please contact us directly. Your dedicated Gold telephone number is 0800 123 111 or if calling from overseas +44 208 707 4488.

That means it’s now easier than ever to enjoy your upgrade. Please note the voucher is only valid if you – the Executive Club Member – is travelling on the booking, and is subject to availability.

capetonianm
    Participant

…… the voucher is only valid if you – the Executive Club Member – is travelling ……

They must have the same work experience kids writing the letters as doing their IT. I’m not suggesting they’d be Indians either, their English grammar would be more accurate.

Mikeact
    Participant

Does BA ever offer you ‘Best Value’ ?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Dear Mr Gold Member

Flightlevel
    Participant

BT will have probably more comments on BA being a UK publication ‘though it can also lead you to BT Asia and AusBT, that are more regional and FlyerTalk is mostly rational with humorous extremes.
    It is important however to compare one major airline with its competitors and partners too, and BT does that well.

Defcon5
    Participant

People are obsessed by BA in the corporate world because of the Executive Club.

Most airlines offer cheaper fares (particularly in J cabin) but people chose to travel on BA for individual loyalty.

If people chose this airline to get points for their own personal benefit then that’s absolutely fine. If they complain, it’s their choice.
    Whether you go east, west, south or shorthaul, you can more often or not chose an airline that offers better fares and product. If you’re just after the BA status and miles then stick with them and suck it up. They do a job, but they’re not as good as other operators.

stevescoots
    Participant

Whist many of the posters are probably Brits, I would hazard a guess that around 50% of us are not UK based or at very least spend most of our time outside the UK. As for a large amount of the posts being centered around BA, that is because they have so many problems, back to a post earlier about what is value for money. I post occasionally about BA because every time I fly there is an issue of one sort or another, however BA metal is only about 10% of my flight time. Why not post about the others? That’s because I am happy with the product and service and do not feel the need to just put up a “flew x airline and it was ok” off the top of my head I think in the past 2 years I have flown about 160 sectors and created 4 negative posts on BA, 1 on EK that was more of a question than a compliant, 1 on AA about the condition of the aircraft and one on CX about falling standards. I tend not to create negative posts on LCC’s as they are what they are and its reflected in the price and their marketing position of not pretending to be something they are not. I have seen many posts in the past from people who flew BA all the time, thought them great until they tried otherwise.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls