Happy Hogmanay folks

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

canucklad
    Participant

Hi fellow BTer’s

Happy Hogmanay to you all. or indeed Calennig/ Reveillon/Silvester and of course New Year
    Whether you’re celebrating in Kiribati in a couple of hours time, Honolulu more than 24 hours away or like me in a tiny village 15 minutes west of Edinburghin 15 hours have a guid yean ……..
    And like most I’ll be thinking of relatives and friends as far afield as Australia, Kenya, and of course back home in BC…..so appropriately here’s Rabbie,

Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    and never brought to mind?
    Should auld acquaintance be forgot,
    and auld lang syne*?

CHORUS:
    For auld lang syne, my jo,
    for auld lang syne,
    we’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

And surely ye’ll be your pint-stoup!
    and surely I’ll be mine!
    And we’ll tak’ a cup o’ kindness yet,
    for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae run about the braes,
    and pou’d the gowans fine;
    But we’ve wander’d mony a weary fit,
    sin’ auld lang syne.

CHORUS

We twa hae paidl’d in the burn,
    frae morning sun till dine;
    But seas between us braid hae roar’d
    sin’ auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And there’s a hand, my trusty fiere!
    and gie’s a hand o’ thine!
    And we’ll tak’ a right gude-willie waught,
    for auld lang syne.

CHORUS

And thank goodness, we don’t sing the whole version at the bell’s …Slainch : )

goalie11
    Participant

Good morning canucklad and everyone else

From a small village 8miles South of Edinburgh can I wish you and all other BT posters a very happy and prosperous new year.

To be honest that’s the first time I ‘ve seen all verses but like you I shall stick to the first only as usual.

Swindoneric
    Participant

And from East Lothian may I also echo the above sentiments..

BigDog.
    Participant

Are you getting the messages in early before the revels begin and alcohol renders somewhat incapable Canuck 😉

Yes bonnie Scotland is the place to be for New Years. Wishing you all a belter of 2015.

Hopefully I’ll be heading up your way and further to Gleneagles after Easter to explode a few clays. Any recommendation wrt hotels in the area eg Dollar?

UAEScot1
    Participant

Bliadhna Mhath Ùr

Happy New Year from The Scottish St Andrews Society of Abu Dhabi

MrMichael
    Participant

Greetings and a great new year to you all, from South West London……

Charles-P
    Participant

Very best wishes to all posters from a snowy Belgium. Last evening of indulgence before a ‘dry’ January for me.

Happy travels in 2015
    Charles

MartynSinclair
    Participant

and a Happy New Year 2015 from N W London.. where the party has already started…..

peter19
    Participant

All the best from a bit further north and a rather mild Aberdeen today. Happy and safe travels for 2015 and new year.

canucklad
    Participant

Well BigDog
    I’ve now removed my nose from the grindstone; the wheels of industry I’m responsible for are now at a standstill till the 5th so I might just have a wee dram when I get home. Especially since the Sydneysiders have now made me forget work and look towards our bells.

As for your visit to Dollar, I can’t personally recommend anywhere to stay, but a colleague has suggested a hotel called Castle Campbell..
    I would however totally recommend a walk through Dollar Glen though. Stunning, especially if the river is in spate.

WillieWelsh
    Participant

Happy Hogmanay to one and all. We are beginning to celebrate here in North Queensferry and have just had good wishes from family in Dunedin where they are determined to keep going until we are passed midnight, they’ve had about eight hours headstart and have ten left to go so an amateur effort really.

Wherever you are and whatever you are doing my very best wishes for 2015.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

… and thank you from all here at Business Traveller for all your wonderful, informative and amusing posts.

See you next year.

Happy New Year!

Tom Otley

BigDog.
    Participant

Thanks Canucklad. Hope you have a brilliant time.

Had planned to go to London with friends but have just been told the main event is ticket only – after 500,000 went last year, Boris has limited the main event to 100,00 tickets (at £10) which non-Londoners weren’t offered. Methinks South Bank or nothing.

and HNY to the BT Team – much improved forum, thanks.

LetsFlyNow
    Participant

Well said Canucklad.

To you all a very happy new year! Have a great time. Greetings from Frankfurt Germany! Prost und einen guten Rutsch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls