Hainan Airlines

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

VITAPAC
    Participant

China Hainan airlines Domestic flight:-
    =============================================================
    I bought Hainan airlines (HU) one way HU7608 from ctrip.com ( PO: 1033019432 ) on the 19/May’2014 for flight on 21/May, I received a call on 20/May from Ctrip that the flight is cancelled and I was asked to buy another higher fare ticket. I was lost and not sure what to do. I wrote to HU without any reply.
    Domestic flight in China just give no respect to its passengers. I am still puzzling:-

1) Why Ctrip.com asked me to buy another ticket instead of offering me another flight.
    2) I went to HU Shanghai office and get a letter for this cancellation, the office does not have any letter head
    nor name card with address but used a plain paper to type me a letter.
    3) I wrote to HU ( <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected] ) they promise to reply me in 3 days but I have not received any reply after one week.

As a foreigner in China, anything happen to you in domestic flight is helpless. You could be kicked out from the only flight due to over booking (my MU2319 ticket 7812461279213), or you are given a free hotel room but would need to share with a stranger you never know if he is mentally sound.

newbieflyer
    Participant

Sorry to hear this VITAPAC. I ve had similar issues with Air China cancelling their BLR-CTU flight, but i was given a choice of either selecting another date with them, or else a full refund, which i thought was acceptable.
    If i remember right, i think i booked the ticket from Air China website itself.
    From my experience domestic China travel is a bit of hit and miss.

jjlasne
    Participant

Have you asked http://www.Ctrip.com? They are the ones making money off of you!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls