Gulf Air A330-200 Sleeper Business

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Gulf Air is like the curate’s egg, good in parts.

Unfortunately this flight was not one of the better ones.

The fastrack at T4 was extremely slow, due to under resourcing on the secondary bag search and it was only after I sought out a supervisor that they realised and a second searcher was allocated and sanity restored. One really does wonder about the competence of the management at LHR.

I had a quick breakfast in the Gulf Air lounge (it should have been a leisurely meal, but the 20 minutes to get through ‘fast track’ put paid to that.

Boarding was okay, but there was no provision for premium pax,which I thought was poor and the greeting on arriving onboard was cool, a portent of things to come.

My seat was 1A, a former first class seat (before GF dropped this class) and should have been an excellent experience, as these seats are fully flat and have loads of space. Unfortunately, the seat controls were not all functioning and there was a distinct ridge between two parts of the seat, which I had to pad out with the blanket, to make it bearable. The seat power also tripped out, when inserting a plug, even when it was not connected to a device! So not great.

I was missed for a pre-departure drink, but as I am not a victim and do not believe in suffering in silence, I called a crew member and arranged an orange juice.

The F&B on GF is good and this flight was no exception, very palatable and well presented food, washed down with Laurent Perrier champagne,although I was missed again for the aperitif and once again the call bell was my friend (although I had to call3 times before getting a response.)

Finally, there were no landing cards onboard, which was disappointing, but entry into Bahrain (on an eVisa) was quick and pleasant.

My priority baggage arrived in the first 15 bags or so, so this was a redeeming feature.

In summary, we got there without crashing and the food/bev was high quality.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls