Guess which Airport?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 165 total)

• cwoodward
    Participant

Swissdiver -an inspired guess -but sadly incorrect

Clue – its eastern Europe -the aircraft are a good pointer.

GivingupBA
    Participant

[postquote quote=1001102][/postquote]

Leipzig? (Yellow aircraft = DHL)

cwoodward
    Participant

Good logic GivngupBA but no.
    Clue – its an airport in Russia.

We went there many years ago having been invited to start a joint venture building electric toasters…the project was a total farce as all the comrades wanted was an excuse to do was to eat and drink,drink,drink, using government development money…..we caught the earliest flight to Moscow and then an Aeroflot flight to Tokyo which is in itself another story – Aeroflot in the late sixties was indeed a horrible experience as was Russia at that time.
    Aeroflot by all accounts has improved considerably over the years but I am not entirely sure about Russia.

Johnnyg
    Participant

Krasnodar? S7 airline?

Ekond222
    Participant

….sounds risky…

Swissdiver
    Participant

S7 makes sense. But Krasnodar airport has three runways. We are looking at a single one’s airport…

Voronezh International Airport?

Swissdiver
    Participant

I’ll take the sabot…

prosborn
    Participant

#post-1001176
    Were it not for the coastal weather, and the non-Andean architecture, an international airport of this size and allure did once stand at Loja in Ecuador, early 1980s. It was more the size of a bus stop, not quite as big as this imposing edifice. The flight from Guayaquil was run by the military (TAME?), and cost ten bucks cash. Rather bumpy. When in Lima Post Office I sent a telegram on the Thursday to the Uni of Loja about my imminent arrival on Saturday at dawn, the cashier asked if I wanted to send a telegram to the wife as well, because I probably wouldnae be returning alive. The rector came to pick me up and after I’d given me lecture and done the honours, drove me on the next leg of my odyssey, IIRC to Cuenca.

GreenScot
    Participant

Irkutsk airport – I was off a Spirit Airline adventure before I realised it was S7 – should have realised those were Tupolev’s on the left side of the photo

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1001180][/postquote]

That only had 1.973 million in 2017

cwoodward
    Participant

Well done GreenScot -very close but no banana.
    It is in fact Tolmachevo Airport Novosibirsk in 2016 the aircraft are S7.
    Great story Posborn – I have never got to that one or to Lima.

Try this – Clue: Cathay Pacific used to fly there.

A-1

Ekond222
    Participant

…this one could be a bit moreish..

Swissdiver
    Participant

Cairns?

cwoodward
    Participant

Clue: It is not an Australian airport

capetonianm
    Participant

POM. Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. Ekond222’s clue above got me there!

As an aside, and this is very obscure, does anyone know why Port Moresby figured at one time on thousands of air tickets for passengers who never flew there?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 165 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls