Guess which Airport?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

First guess would have been AMS, but with the military aircraft I’d 2nd guess FRA, although doubting if FRA has a bridge as I can’t recall ever taxing over one

capetonianm
    Participant

I would guess FRA too. It was used for along time by USAF. I can’t remember if it has a bridge over a motorway, and one of those road signs, which look German, seems to indicate Magdeburg and Fulda.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I’d say FRA. Can’t be AMS as there is I recall only one taxiway over the highway. Also the road config is wrong for AMS. So my money goes to FRA.

PS. Great thread Cwoodward, thanks.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

Wow – one I know, finally! It’s Leipzig. I was there a couple of years ago for a meeting with DHL, who have their main European Hub there. Only been there the once but hard to forget!

Ekond222
    Participant

…Agree with David…thats’ Halle Airport…

cwoodward
    Participant

Well done all – yes it is Leipzig.

airport-9

This one is not exactly a holiday destination.
    Good clues in the image even for those (many) who have not been fortunate(?) to land there.

capetonianm
    Participant

Kabul?

cwoodward
    Participant

I made it just too easy by leaving the airport name on the image

This is more difficult

airport-11

capetonianm
    Participant

cwoodward :

I solved it by using other clues, I couldn’t read the airport name even when I tried to enlarge the image, that’s the first point, and the second is that it’s a little unfair to post a challenge and then claim it was ‘too easy’ when someone finds the answer.
    (I know it’s only a bit of fun and doesn’t really matter but the principle still stands.)

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Hi capetonianm
    It was intended as a lighted hearted retort to a very light hearted thread that I started more or less to keep some interest in the forum going as there so little business travel of interest at the moment.
    It’s unfortunate indeed that my post offended your principals.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Ekond222
    Participant

…That could be Nouasseur Air Base in Morocco (Casablanca)..although Ii don’t think it’s used as a Civil airport therefore I might be wrong..

cwoodward
    Participant

HI Ekond222
    Yes it is Casablanca and I do believe that it is also a civil airport.

This one is much should be easy

airport-12

canucklad
    Participant

Gut instinct says somewhere in Spain, although not Madrid. I’ve been to most Spanish airports but just can’t place it —possibly Malaga ?

esselle
    Participant

Geneva?

Ekond222
    Participant

…Ben Gerion – Tel Aviv…

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 165 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls