Guess which Airport?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)

• tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Alice Springs?

cwoodward
    Participant

It’s a very long way from the ‘Alice’ Tom .

1 user thanked author for this post.

QwertyFlyer
    Participant

Liked this, so thought would post pics of another Thomson plane at a strange airport….. which one though???

Attachments:

Swissdiver
    Participant

Yes it is Hobart

Try this. Its not Europe or Asia

airport-4

The size of the picture makes it very difficult. Plus there is no reference point around…

canucklad
    Participant

My immediate thoughts, Nairobi of the past. But definitely somewhere in Africa?

tomwjsimpson
    Participant

Thinking Africa, I’m drawn to Lilongwe, Malawi. When I flew in from Jo’burg there was only enough space for 2 or 3 ‘big’ jets (737) so SAA, Kenyan and Ethiopian struggled to all be there at the same time

cwoodward
    Participant

Yes it is Africa (the trees give that away) and the city has 2 airports. The image is of the international one which was enlarged a few years ago.
    A good deal of international traffic given that it not one of the main African destinations.

Swiss driver: The others were I realised just too easy.

GreenScot
    Participant

Eros Windhoek?

cwoodward
    Participant

Correct -not an easy one.

Try this.

airport-5

Attachments:

GreenScot
    Participant

Yep Windhoek not easy but I had a head start. I was fortunate enough to have been to Namibia about 17 years ago on and was a tad surprised to find that Windhoek had 2 airports. Once your clue was there it was a fairly easy check.

As a side note, we were held up on that trip by some men in the middle of the night on a backwater road after a visit into central Windhoek partying at the end of our trip. One of my then colleagues, who was a fine and lovely lady, talked us out of any trouble and without handing over a single dollar from any of the three vehicles. What she said to them, or even threatened them with I have no idea. At the time I never gave her the credit for which she was due.

Gazary
    Participant

In Southern Africa..Gabarone Botswana

canucklad
    Participant

Liked this, so thought would post pics of another Thomson plane at a strange airport….. which one though???

My guess is Gander or Bangor ?

and your latest cwoodward, i’m thinking west coast of Ireland , been to Galway so not there, and Donegal but can’t recall a beach ?

cwoodward
    Participant

Canucklad Ireland is a good guess. I presume because of the because very green vegetation.

In fact it is Asia and not too far from the equator. About 1 hour 40 from HK (although not served direct). It’s not Thailand and it is not easy. A very nice little airport but I expect that it will take and old Asian hand to answer this one

‘Re Thompson “My guess is Gander or Bangor ?” – Mine too.

QwertyFlyer
    Participant

Gander is correct – I was actually on that plane and it was my doctor wife that diverted it. Should have been going to Cancun. Firefighter caught the landing on video.

cwoodward
    Participant

Ether no one is very interested or the last airport was too difficult.
    Perhaps the former.
    It was in fact a small airport in the Philippines not much used by tourists.

This one should be interesting and a little easier as it is not an easy airport to forget

airport-7

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 165 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Business Traveller September / October 2020 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls