Great TV channel in airline lounge

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• FDOS_UK
    Participant

A certain airline in Europe are currently showing this programme in their executive lounge

Apparently their passengers aks for it – I wonder if these people also asked to pay for F&B – it makes as much sense.

Sweet 😉

Switzerlanding
    Participant

Ha ha, this has brightened my day 😉 now to the question of which lounge… is it in a German airport?

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Never mind the airport, which airline is it?

I flew Sabena once and they showed one of the aircraft disaster films! They also had no alcohol on board to soothe your troubled nerves if you happened to watch it!

canucklad
    Participant

Ditto LP, I recall that Air Canada showed the blockbuster Airport 75 on its 747’s from YYZ to YVR. Synopsis of the film…… jumbo gets into trouble, and struggles to navigate the Rockies. The same pesky mountain range that those passengers would fly over as they leave Alberta and enter BC!
    Best of all, back in day, the story unfolded in front of the whole cabin in full dramatic cinematic vision….priceless : )

peter19
    Participant

I wonder why passengers ask for it – must be to get a bit of an exhilaration feeling before boarding a place? or to maybe see other people’s reactions in the lounge?

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Apparently, there was a slight misunderstanding – the passengers ask for the channel, not the programme.

After the end of the Air Crash Investigation programme, there was a very interesting show that seemed to be comparing different sub machine guns.

Airport has 8 letters, B_ _ _ _ A _ _

peter19
    Participant

Ah right, so they were actually looking for cute animals. I wonder what other channels are requested in lounges with the sound off (generally) apart from news.

A Friday Challenge to find the airport – Belgrade?

Flightlevel
    Participant

On an aircon bus in Asia awhile ago showing one of those runaway bus movies and the movie bus did a dramatic sharp turn at the same time the real bus did, to gasps from all those involved in the movie! Woke me up too!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802339]Ah right, so they were actually looking for cute animals. I wonder what other channels are requested in lounges with the sound off (generally) apart from news.

A Friday Challenge to find the airport – Belgrade?

[/quote]

Spot on Peter – not sure about the furry animals, though, the sub machine programme had a keen audience 🙂

Eurocity
    Participant

A year ago Aeroflot not only showed an aircraft disaster movie but also promoted it in the inflight magazine and on the website front page. The reason was that Aeroflot was either somehow involved in that movie (Ekipazh – http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5653294) production or sponsored it.
    That promotion caused… well, mixed reaction in social media.

Edski777
    Participant

Where is the time that all airlines, except one, would show only an edited version of the movie Rain man, featuring Dustin Hoffman as an autistic man. I’m sure the more senior members of this forum will remember.

canucklad
    Participant

Remember the scene well…..
    Without Dustin Hoffman’s characters knowledge of aviation fatalities the film would have concluded at the airport. And to this day Rain Man would still end at that point in the movie ….. so pigs and kangaroos definitely spring to mind ,so to speak.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

That was the one Canucklad. I’d forgotten the title. From memory we were in a DC10 so at least not a 747!

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I wonder if any airline will show “Sully”?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls