Grab Your Sombreros!

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• asteriosozounis
    Participant

OK children stop showing off with your fancy words.

For the CUN route BA had to suspend one rotation to KIN and one to BDA, not enough aircrafts you see…. :o)

asteriosozounis
    Participant

And by the way BA did operate direct services to CUN 10 years ago by a franchise company called AML with full BA product on BA aircraft.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Wasn’t aware of the CUN service. That would have been from Gatwick.

The AML planes were not very comfy, being 10 across in the boot.

transtraxman
    Participant

Is it possible for the more ignorant of us to be able to understand the jargon used (just as in journalists´articles) putting in the full word/expression before you use the acronym? Otherwise this will become a closed discussion area. (In my case I have no idea what KIN, BDA & AML are) and I object having to investigate for 10 minutes what each one is. Let´s have a bit fairer treatment of less informed clients.

VintageKrug
    Participant

KINgston, BermuDA, CanCUN.

AML was a lower cost entity which was some sort of conglomeration of JMC/Flying Colours and Caledonian routes operated from Gatwick. Used BA crews and high density configured 777s exLGW for Florida and Caribbean routes in the late 90s/early 2000s. Google might reveal more.

Not sure of its actual parentage; the ownership was always somewhat unclear which is why the CAA got involved (though this was more likley at the behest of the unions unhappy about none mainline pilots driving these busses.)

CharlieBrown
    Participant

Small google session later, I came across a forum discussing this very issue:

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-forums/general_aviation/read.main/4839717/

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls