Good results for BA

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

I have said it before, and no doubt I will have to say it again. This is a business travel forum, not an investment forum. Unless an airline is about to go bust and cease operations leaving travellers in the lurch, or the results mean that an airline now is (or isn’t) able to introduce significant enhancements to the travel experience, I cannot see why discussions of financial results have a place here…

SimonS1
    Participant

Seems you have answered your own question.

Why are BA’s results improving? Steady erosion of the proposition – new CE Cabin, changed catering in lounges and on board, old fashioned coffin class CW, Project Iberia etc.

In any case I would have thought it was more relevant than a review of the Pizza Hut.

BigDog.
    Participant

With respect Ian I agree with Simon, more so as the thread title makes it reasonably obvious as to the content – and consequently avoided if uniterested, there has been little drift and imo been courteous.

Currently, there are several threads out there including the Friday Fun one I’ve been adding to, Virgin Galactic, Martyn’s IOS even the £1 drop off, which can be viewed as equally tenuously “business travel” related. Where does one draw the line?

rferguson
    Participant

BigDog re shorthaul legacy vote.

I’m assuming it will be the usual dance around the ballroom approach of BA and the union.

BA will propose a particularly harsh deal which they know full well will be voted down.

Then they will come back with a watered down deal so the legacy fleet feel the company is doing them a great favour. And they will accept.

What option do they have? The problem with shorthaul legacy is they don’t have the numbers. Out of near 15,000 BA cabin crew they number around 3000-3500.

They know what the alternative is – they will be left to ‘wither on the vine’ while BA continues to recruit cheaper crews and continues to transfer the most popular/liked/lucrative routes to Mixed Fleet.

Btw totally OT but not worthy of a new one so I will throw it in here. There were the results of a survey on the new shorthaul cabin. Apparently ‘satisfaction with legroom’ and ‘satisfaction with personal space’ both exceed that of the non-refurbed aircraft! I wonder how many CE pax they asked!?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I think the answer to Ian’s question (or statement) is BT leave the running of the Forum, in the main, to the contributors… and only dive in where necessary…

It is nice to see some of the editorial team now contributing.

BT Forum is working….. the rule book, which consists of a blank sheet of A4….. currently works in a very friendly and pleasant manner…

SimonS1
    Participant

I agree Martyn. Since the ‘agenda poster(s)’ disappeared the discussion has been good. No harm in some healthy debate from time to time.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

From my IAG profits i could buy a ticket back to Europe with Lufthansa. That’s taking from the rich and giving to the poor I think!

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls