GOLD MEDAL TRAVEL – UK

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Henryp1
    Participant

Has anyone had problems with this group, also Airline Network. Booked a hotel (Ritz Carlton) in Doha which advertised a private beach, but the website was incorrect and company not bothered. Even telephoned the agents (Gold Medal) to confirm the private beach and was told ‘yes’
    Having previously stayed at Marriott and Sharq Village had no reason to doubt the website, as these hotels do have a private beach.

pickles-nap
    Participant

I used these guys for a Hotel booking before. Not good.

I understand that tings can and do go wrong from time to time but it’s the way they deal with it that counts really.

Arrived in Dubai, Hotel had no booking, they had no idea who I was. Called them up, no one wanted to take it up. In the end they offered me a rate at the next door Hotel and tried to put a mark up on it! I walked accross the road to the next Hotel, the manager had just recieved a call from them and they held a room under my name. I asked how much I could get it for and he said it would be the same for them. I was outraged, trying to make profit from a 1st error.

Apart from that they were great!!

Airpocket
    Participant

I’ve used them for flights only.Not bad but I wouldn’t trust them with anything else!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls