Gold Card / SH Booking and separate returns

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

• FlyingChinaman
    Participant

Wonderful! I shall have nightmare over this topic if I were to read anymore about it!!!

There seems to be an OBSESSION with some readers over this seating and it is not even from Kelvin Klein!!!

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I have heard that it is impossible to pre-reserve seat 172K on Yangon Airlines, as this is where the inflight meal is slaughtered.

Any truth in this?

Potakas
    Participant

I don’t know about Yahgon, although wherever i can I will reserve my seat on 60B, must be the least used šŸ˜€

MartynSinclair
    Participant

DS is factually wrong, 60B is a reserved for staff, the Captain is staff and since when should any staff member have the authority to give company products/services away foc.

This is very relevant here, as Potokas asked the question about reserving seats on the upper deck. The answer is yes you can, except for the prime seat which on certain flights is designated a staff seat, unless the captain wants, with intent, to give the seat away as a freebie, to a ‘cling on’.

Stop being obstreperous DS, just because you either have been or currently are on occasions a beneficiary of 60B.

openfly
    Participant

Oh for goodness sake MartynSinclair…drop the subject. I am sure that we are all totally fed up with your rants about 60B. We have got the point that you dont agree with it. Now put your teddy back in your pram.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Quite frankly Disgusted, you should head up the “cling-ons” exec club!

VintageKrug
    Participant

What a ridiculous statement.

Cling Ons would never sit in 60B.

They would obviously prefer 60J/K.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ha ha VK – my tickets are paid for – unlike some who have large corporations + expense accounts to support them.

Drive on son, drive on……………

VintageKrug
    Participant

Where or how one earns ones TPs is largely irrelevant; I have qualified for my Gold Card every single year I have had one via personal travel, with my work-related spend merely adding to the pot.

So sorry to hear you neither have an expense account nor a large corporation wishing to employ you. I cannot imagine why that is the case.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Amazing footage of a Klingon in the seat that shall not be named šŸ™‚

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNTVzwjEyb4

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Disgusted, you really shouldnt have gone to all that trouble arranging for one of VK’s camera’s crews to film you. You look so, so so DisgustedofSwiegi..

Hey, if you are stuck for work, the Euro vision is coming up.

With your ‘Klingon’ or ‘cling on’ status and VK’s expense account, there could be a good chance of getting some points other than tier points.

Good luck “guys” or “gals” or “inbetween” status.

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Whilst I enjoy BAā€™s on-board product, lounges, and staff for the most part I really think the seating policy is ridiculous compared to the competition. Iā€™ve been BAEC Silver over the last two years, and Iā€™ve been Star Gold since 1999. Given my current travel destinations, and that I manage my own travel budget now I have consider pushing more business across to BA as I will never make the M&M HON level, but I can have BAEC Gold and M&M Senator easily. However, due to my experience with BA seating policy I may reconsider.

For Easter, I wanted to take someone along for a trip to New York. I decided to buy one CW ticket for myself, and giving my travel companion a free ticket on my BA miles. Obviously, putting this in the same PNR is impossible.

So I booked her ticket online, followed my mine and had both show up in ā€œManage My Bookingsā€. Went to see seating chart on mine, booked my seats and started working on hersā€¦ Of course, ā€œplease Mr Senator, you have to pay Ā£160 for this pleasureā€. Needless to say, this was out of the question. So I rang reservations, and the BAEC call centre and I get the same story.

This really diminishes the BA experience for me.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Senator

I agree.

When you pay a premium, you do not expect to pay a further premium.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls