Gold Card / SH Booking and separate returns

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

• Anonymous

NorseFlyer
    Participant

Does anyone have experience in using BA.com to book a trip for two persons with same outbound dates and seperate return dates? I would like to get the flights on a same booking to get the shareholder discount and the EC Gold benefit of free seat selections.

It appears to me that separate return dates cannot be booked on the same booking using BA.com?

VintageKrug
    Participant

Cannot be booked together on same PNR online, as they are different journeys. As a side note, shareholder discount tickets cannot be booked offline, so calling up to book isn’t going to help in this instance.

Your best option would be to book online two seperate shareholder journeys and call up to have the booking PNRs “linked” which should grant Gold seating bennies etc. at least for the flight on which you are travelling together.

I am doubtful that your companion would get free “Gold” seating benefits on the return sector when not travelling with you, even when the booking is linked, but I would be most interested to learn if this is possible, so please do report back.

RoadKing
    Participant

VintageKrug.

I have a similar case, my wife and I flying out on different times but returning on the same flight. So, two separate tickets. I was not aware however, that there should be any benefits linking her with me.
    What is “Gold seating benefits”?

VintageKrug
    Participant

As a Gold Card holder, you don’t have to pay for seating allocation.

You also have access to “prime” seats in F like 1A and 1K, or the forward rows in CE.

RoadKing
    Participant

Well, I did not pay to book her seats, albeit it is correct as you state, I could not get seats in the forward rows in CE for the european leg.
    She has Silver status with EC, but we also have the household membership, I wonder if the household membership made us avoid the seat reservation fee?

VintageKrug
    Participant

So she is Silver, you are Gold?

She gets fee-free seating as a Silver member, but not access to all seats as some are blocked for Golds only (up to T-24, when its a free for all).

Potakas
    Participant

Can silver members allocate a seat to the Upper Deck of a 744?

RoadKing
    Participant

PSepsas;

Evidently, I was able to secure 62K for my wife on her single journey. She is silver.

On the contrary, for the european leg, she was not allowed to reserve a seat in the first two rows, while I was.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Even if you are Gold or above, you cant book 60B on the longer long haul sectors as its reserved for staff.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

“as its reserved for staff.”

No it isn’t, it is reserved for the flight crew and may be released at the captain’s discretion, which is rather different.

Potakas
    Participant

Thanks,

Is this going to be the next round for the 60B seat? 😀

Regards

NorseFlyer
    Participant

Looks like this thread is taking a trip far away from the original topic. Before 60B is takes a complete grip, thanks for your input Vk. I was not aware two bookings could be linked together in this way. I’ll report back on my experience with this procedure.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Guys, I’m not going to write another word on 60B on this thread.

VintageKrug
    Participant

*has shotgun, rope and various bags of pills lined up in preparation for another 60B mega-session*

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls