Global Entry (RENEWAL)

Back to Forum
  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Trying to renew my GOES. However, it is asking me for a UK access code (starting with 102). My original UK access code no longer works.. I clicked on the renew, but I am not convinced I am on the renew page as it looks like an application page.

Can anyone provide any help please..

HFHFFlyer
    Participant

Renewing or applying first time, you need to visit the UK Home Office site, do a quick background check and get a code:

https://global-entry.beta.homeoffice.gov.uk/register-to-apply/passportNationality

Mine took about 72 hours to arrive including a weekend.

Once you’ve competed the CBP and paid the fee, you’ll wait about six weeks for conditional approval. If you’re renewing and lucky, you will get to skip the interview. If you’re unlucky, you will have to do the interview again. It can now be done on arrival from an international flight at most major US airports.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@HFHFlyer – thanks for your reply.

I went to the home office site but all the declarations are based on a new application/registration. There was no reference to RENEWAL.

“this is an initial registration required by the US authorities before I can apply for membership of the US Global Entry Program”

I am worried about getting stuck in a US computer with a double application… At what point does the process actually refer to RENEWAL and not INITITAL REGISTRATION or APPLICAITON?

Many thanks for your help

HFHFFlyer
    Participant

@martynsinclair

There are two separate processes here – the first thing is to ensure your CURRENT GE account has been migrated to the new CBP system – follow this link:

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/detail/a_id/1321/~/goes-account-migration

Once you have done that, you should be able to follow a CBP process for renewal. It is specifically for renewal and should make that clear.

To get your Home Office code, I think (I am 99% sure I did this a few months ago), you need to follow the “application” process on the gov.uk link I posted previously. This is the equivalent of getting the paper police certificate that we all had to obtain five/six years ago when we first joined.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

@HFHFFlyer – many thanks for your help. Part 1 and 2 completed. Now the up to 10 day wait…..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls