Getting up before the seat belt sign goes out

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)

• DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

I reckon Ymelord is a troll. My guess is a ‘spinner’ trying to create a stereotype of a ‘BASSAmentalist’, for reasons of their own.

Ymelord’s posts read like a collection of soundbites from ‘Crew Forum’, whereas RFerguson and Honest Crew come across as realistic BA legacy crew members.

Someone who says thay have an attitude like Ymelord, has no place as part of an aircraft crew.

Ymelord
    Participant

Thank you Luganopirate and simonrowberry….for your support. I realise that sometimes how I get my point across is ” brutal” lol but a lot of my job is ruined because of the ” views and actions ” of very blinkered and self opinionated business men…
    Now don’t get me wrong, I will offer friendly and high customer service to anyone in an aircraft, but I treat every person EQUAL… NOT different levels depending on self opinion levels of importance… To me, everyone on the a/c is important.. And will get treated the same…

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Yep, a troll.

Quite subtle in rallying support from Lugano and SImon and then putting the knife into ‘very blinkered and self opinionated business men’ on the Business Traveller forum.

Best to ignore this one, I think.

Email sent to BT.

Ymelord
    Participant

Disgustedofswieqi..
    To be honest, I am really not interested in your view, especially as it starts with an insult, You don’t know me from Adam, and know nowt about me… Yet sound on here as if you do…. I am there to save your life, whether you like it or not… And sometimes it would be nice to be treated with the respect you expect me to show you….
    If you can not start your posts with a little less bile… Don’t bother.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Thank you Ymelord, for this morning’s entertainment.

If I may give you some feedback, you started very well with the digs on the ‘power on board’ and other threads, but you are overplaying your hand at the moment and now the game is up.

Have a nice day.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

NIce try, Ymelord, editing your posts at 07:15 and 07:20 and deleting the 07:18, to remove the more offensive personal comments, before anyone else reads them and to try to provoke me. It doesn’t work, troll. I await tomorrow morning, with interest.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Just in case of anymore editing and deleting, here are Ymelord’s recent comments.

I notice the ‘handle’ has changed from ‘Ymelord’ to ‘Quickfly’, very interesting.

“Disgustedofswieqi..
    To be honest, I am really not interested in your view, especially as it starts with an insult, You don’t know me from Adam, and know nowt about me… Yet sound on here as if you do…. I am there to save your life, whether you like it or not… And sometimes it would be nice to be treated with the respect you expect me to show you….
    If you can not start your posts with a little less bile… Don’t bother.”

Unfortunately, I wasn’t quick enough, Ymelord/Quickfly has deleted the others and now changed handle back to the original one.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

So how come your handle changed to Quickfly and then back to Ymelord?

Just to preserve some of Ymelord’s personal attacks, in case of more editing/deleting

From 19/02/2012 07:29 GMT

‘Maybe it would be easier not to talk to an offensive P…..k like you’

From 19/02/2012 07:31 GMT

‘Problem with P…ks like you is you hate the truth… ‘

From 19/02/2012 07:39 GMT

‘BET YOUR A PEACH AT PARTIES…..BUT SURE YOUR MOTHER LOVES YOU’

openfly
    Participant

Ymelord…I totally agree with everything you say. Cabin crew are there to save my life…primarily…and I appreciate that. If passengers stand up before the seatbelts go off then lets hope the captain hits the brakes….they go down like a pack of cards…and are uninsured!

Please dont bother arguing with ”Disgustingofwherever”. Dont lower yourself.

Ymelord
    Participant

Thank you open fly…

Bill_Hants
    Participant

This and some other threads make entertaining but slightly disturbing reading.

I hold no brief for any of the protagonists but commonsense tells me that when flying, ALL the crew are there to ensure you get from A to B safely. The other aspect, the “flying waitress or butler” bit is an incidental in the scale of things, no matter which cabin you’re in.

What strikes me, both from practical experience and from some of the postings, is that people who one imagines are perfectly nice individuals who would treat others with normal courtesies on the ground, somehow change dramatically when they board a plane.

A sort of airborne version of the Jekyll & Hyde syndrome.

Gold, platinum, iridium “status” suddenly brings out unreasonable expectations. The pomposity control is turned up to full volume and left there.

There must be a PhD or two to be written on this phenomenon although I’m a bit long in the tooth and short of time to write one myself.

But in the meantime, perhaps posters could be a little more kind to one another, and continue to give advice and make comments that are valuable and constructive?

It IS Sunday and here at least it is a beautiful crisp morning.

Bill in Hants

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I see the part of the problem is that the poster believes the sole function of cabin crew is to save lives.

The BA motto reads, To Fly To Serve

The role of cabin crew is to serve the needs of its passengers in all classes, which includes serving, food, clearing trays away, attending to the needs of passengers as well as being a caped crusader.

Ymelord
    Participant

But Martynsinclair… Not the PRIMARY ROLE.

As for the ” fly to serve” yes correct… But also we expect some respect back… As with all CS roles… The ” server ” will not tolerate abuse,disrespect, and as stated in several areas of the A/C the instructions of the Cabin crew must be followed….

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Ymelord, like you, I too am an employee (albeit – contracted).

I expect one thing – my reward at the end of each month. I would like to gain the respect of those I look after and those I serve – as for expecting it, what planet do you live on…..?

If you stopped worrying about EXPECTING respect and try to earn it, you will gain more of it and far quicker!

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Hear hear, Martyn. And I suspect that it must be difficult for a crew member to earn that respect from travellers when said crew member openly describes them as “a…e licking business men who think someone died n made them god…”

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls