Getting to the Ibis, Bath Road from T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• TominScotland
    Participant

I know that there has been much discussion in the past of the best way to get to hotels in the vicinity of Heathrow without using the dreaded Hoppa service. Apologies for raising this one again!!

I have a late flight into t5 from Larnaca next month (arrives 22.30) and need to be on the 06.40 onwards to Glasgow next morning.I booked the Ibis in Bath Road for 8,250 Avios which seemed a better option than paying the cash price of most hotels in the vicinity, given my length of stay.

What is the best way to get to the Ibis at that time of night. I think the last H56 Hoppa runs at 23.14 with the first back at about 05.00.

is it walkable in reasonable time? Is there a service bus which would be better value and more flexible?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Not walkable’though free buses 423 from T5 and any double decker from central (free train from T5) to Harlington corner is free and later night bus from T5 goes there.
    Check times of buses on free app.”Bus checker. Ibis is about 50m from Harlington corner.

Flightlevel
    Participant

Ibis Styles, also on the Bath Road and is nearer (before) Harlington corner ‘though same free buses go there.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=851829]I know that there has been much discussion in the past of the best way to get to hotels in the vicinity of Heathrow without using the dreaded Hoppa service. Apologies for raising this one again!!
    I have a late flight into t5 from Larnaca next month (arrives 22.30) and need to be on the 06.40 onwards to Glasgow next morning.I booked the Ibis in Bath Road for 8,250 Avios which seemed a better option than paying the cash price of most hotels in the vicinity, given my length of stay.
    What is the best way to get to the Ibis at that time of night. I think the last H56 Hoppa runs at 23.14 with the first back at about 05.00.
    is it walkable in reasonable time? Is there a service bus which would be better value and more flexible?
    [/quote]

Next time, for such a short stay, you might wish to have a look at the Yotel in T4.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Tom you may find this link useful as it describes this journey.

Heathrow to London (& Rtn): Review of public transport options

TominScotland
    Participant

Thanks for the advice, all

Ekond222
    Participant

Hey Tom,

The 423 bus from T5 goes to Harlington Corner – the last bus is at 00.48 (1st bus back is around 5.00am) and is free (if you travel you one further stop – you will have to pay) and free going back to T5 (there’s a Night bus service up to 6.00am – which is also free).

https://tfl.gov.uk/bus/timetable/423/?direction=inbound

BTW bargain Avios purchase for the room…not sure if Yotel is an Avios partner…

hope this helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls