Getting a PCR test at CDG two days before departure – possible?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• IanFromHKG
    Participant

Junior Offspring will be meeting us in Phuket next month (we hope!), but needs to get (a) a PCR test and (b) a fit-to-fly certificate for entry into Thailand, and we are looking at getting this done in CDG (which will be her departure point) because the labs in Paris say it will take an extra 24 hours to get the certificate (and the last time she tried they failed to get the certificate to her in time).

She cannot do the test at CDG on the day of travel because the test isn’t guaranteed to get back in time – the test takes 1 to 4 hours, earliest slot is 07:00 and her flight is at 10:50.

However, I understand that CDG only allows passengers to enter the terminal. Will she be able to get in and do the test on the previous day or (preferably) the day before that? Does anyone have any experience or advice?

Tyler
    Participant

DO NOT go to the test centre at CDG.

I used this pharmacy – Pharmacie Carré Opéra de la Chaussée d’Antin, next to to Galeries Lafayette.

50 euros (or slightly more) for a 24-hour turnaround, or 150 euros for a 6-hour express service.

Note that labs in Paris do not operate on Sundays.

StephenLondon
    Participant

If junior does want to go to CDG for a test, the test centre is above the TGV rail station at T2 between Terminals C/D and E/F. It is a bit of a bun-fight, so advise junior to get there early. One queue for appt holders, one for non-appt holders. Tests were speedily returned…I did a rapid PCR there (just as the rules changed last Dec) and got the result whilst still on the RER heading back into town with certificates attached. Cost wasn’t bad, either.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls