Getting a second UK passport

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Steve, I know the feeling, although I dont get hit by the $1000 from China.

One solution that I have been using which generally works (except for USA) is when presenting my passport for inspection is using a paperclip or a yellow sticker with a polite comment to please do not use an empty page.

I have to say the Thai and Vietnam border controls are the best, keeping the stamps very neat and close together and making the most of each page.

I have an old USA open ended Visa, which I showed to an Immigration official a couple of years back in an out of date passport, the type you got in the 80’s. He took one look at it and said “not now” as he ripped it out. I was a little shocked, but merely answered, thanks for the quick response!!

bsphoto
    Participant

Thanks to everyone for all your help.
    I am as yet still undecided if I will take up the work in Israel this summer, but if I do, I know so much more about the situation regarding my travel documents.
    All advice is very much appreciated.
    If I have any issues I will update on this forum and try and help others in a similar situation.

Many thanks

johnathanmark
    Participant

Hi martinsinclair can you give me some advice please
    Im currently in NZ working on a working holiday visa, however the company i work for have just got a contract in papau new guinea and want me to go over there, the company who i work for can not obtain multiple entry visa’s so they have asked me to apply for a 2nd passport, what is the easiest way to go about this ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Not knowing where you are in NZ or what passport you hold, try the UK FCO office, otherwise the visacentral office can email you forms.

At least you have access to internet which shows you are not one of the Celebrities in “Get me out of here”!

Good luck and enjoy P N G

http://visacentral.co.uk/

http://ukinnewzealand.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/

johnathanmark
    Participant

Thanks mate im currently in queenstown and i have a british passport !

scottraveller21
    Participant

Does anyone know more about the application process? Am in Bangalore for business but need a second passport for travel whilst visas are being processed. I have all the forms and letters but where do i lodge them and do i need to send it or do i have to go to dehli so they can see my passport first as i wont be sending it with the application? Cant get any info here if you have any info would be a great help

IanFromHKG
    Participant

I looked up on the FCO website but their entry for applications in India is out of date, since it refers to the application being forwarded to the Regional Passport Centre in Hong Kong (which is alas long gone). Since they don’t have the information you need on their website, try calling the British Deputy High Commission in Bangalore – +(91) (80) 2210 0200. It wil take a while, though, as all applications need to be forwarded to the UK and then after processing and passport production it needs to be sent back. What they charge for courier fees (at least from Hong Kong) is obscene, so it will be expensive as well. Good luck

BeckyBoop
    Participant

Ian, Did you manage to get your daughters passport sorted?

IanFromHKG
    Participant

Thanks for asking, Becky! The problem was sorted by Senior Management taking her to the passport office in Peterborough where they managed to issue it same-day – at a fee, but ironically less than it would have cost to do it from here with the ridiculous courier fees the British consulate here impose. We will do the same when the others come up for renewal

You are very sweet to remember {smile}

Vistaro
    Participant

Anyone got any experience of getting a third passport? I now have two very nearly full passports!

Thanks

Swissdiver
    Participant

Well, Vistaro, replace them one after the other!

Vistaro
    Participant

If only it were that simple I have current visas in both of them with countries (in Africa) refusing to transfer them to a new passport or give a new one until the old one runs out!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I no longer carry 3, but at one time did, no doubt there are still people who carry 4 and all different nationalities!!

As long as you have a valid reason, a third passport will be issued. You just need to ask and then apply.

Swissdiver
    Participant

I always loved these countries doing so much to promote business… :-/

Age_of_Reason
    Participant

There must be a readability limitation somewhere …. 🙂

I think you’ll find that leaving your passport in the pocket of a garment submitted to most hotel laundries will result in quire effective ‘cancellation’. Or just handing in as ‘lost and found’ to UKPA will result in immediate cancellation. But deliberate defacement is a crime, and they quite rightly take a dim view of people who don’t look after their passports, especially in light of would-be illegals who deliberately destroy/lose passports to avoid deportation.

So unless you’re a journalist attempting to cover Taiwan, GCC, Israeli, Karabak Kashmir and Kosovo issues first hand, surely 2 passports is enough to look after?

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls