Gatwick North Fast Track

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

• openfly
    Participant

The Premium security route in the North Terminal was very good. It has been discovered by Easyjet passengers and you can, at times, find yourself in a long queue, as I have on several occasions.
    The staff at the entrance just let anybody through. Boarding cards are checked but nobody is sent back.

NTarrant
    Participant

I’ve had very mininal queuing at premium security. Certainly last week they were turning perople away who were not entitled.

TominScotland
    Participant

Just did the domestic – international transfer at Gatwick North. I asked if Fast Track was open to be told, rather pompously that “No, we have not had Fast Track at Gatwick for a number of years now. You can, however, use our Premium Lane……..” (my BA Boarding Pass said Fast Track….). The Premium Lane is not signposted but has a rather seductive, black arched entrance, kind of nightclub like. The queue at 10.30 on a Sunday was not long but the travellers ahead of me were VERY slow – maybe the grey Barbados bucket and spade market?.

Therefore, PaulJennings, you may want to edit the heading for this post to Gatwick North Premium Lane….

EDITED: My apologies to any Barbados-heading folk, more likely to be Tampa or Bermuda vacationers…..

Bucksnet
    Participant

As far as I can see, the best plan for fast track security is this: –

1. Have 3 fast track lanes that are always manned; any staff shortages will be on other lanes.
    2. The 3 lanes will be ‘roped off’ with a single entry point where eligibility to use it will be checked.
    3. When no one is queuing at the fast track lanes, other passengers will be allowed in.

This means that fast track will indeed be fast for those passengers entitled to use it, but other passengers will be allowed to use it when there are no queues, thus easing the burden on normal security.

Anyone else agree?

SimonS1
    Participant

Tom inScotland – yes interesting comments re speed.

The layout of the machines is not ideal, especially when the furthest machine is in use as it creates a corner which is a bottleneck.

Then again it never surprises me how ignorant the travelling public is, despite many signs etc they wait until at the belt to dither about with laptops, coats, belts etc and hold everyone up.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls