Gatwick North Fast Track

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

• Anonymous

PaulJennings
    Participant

I have been told that LGW North Fast Track now only opens at 7am. Is this a recent enhancement? Makes it pretty much useless for early morning Euro flights.

NTarrant
    Participant

It is definately closed in the afternoons these day, so if you are on a 1700 to 1900 flight it can be a bit of a scrum. I’m on a 1530 flight on Tuesday the first time for I while I have gone through LGW at that time so will be interesting to see if it is working between 1400 and 1430.

NTarrant
    Participant

The new BA Zone at LGW is a far better facility than previously here. There is a new FastTrack which is away from the main departures gate. I have just come through it at 1430 which is very welcome for afternoon flights. Friendly staff too.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Just used this today; the new, dedicated BA Fast Track is a huge improvement, and a dream to fly through. Bravo!

RichHI1
    Participant

This is good news as I was horrified by the security arrangements at T5 Fast Track. Total chaos with people fighting over retrieving the boxes. Glad they have got it right at Gatwick. Were all the posts manned. Major gripe at LHR is that a lot of nachines are often shut to save money on staff wages resulting in logner lines than necessary and more frustration amongst pax, managers and staff.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The rule is always to use South Security.

I have NEVER waited more than five minutes to get through, and as more frequent travellers use that area (it’s near the F and J check ins) few people faff around with the bins (which look complex but are actually a lot quicker automated than woud be the case if manually returned after use).

RichHI1
    Participant

I think that is one I have used, it is the one near First check in and Lounge. Wait was not too long but the boxes/trays system caused everybody to be fighting over everybody else to retreive their possessions and boxes would reneter the system with peoples pens and papers and other small items. Probably beatne the bugs out of it sunce then as I only use BA T5 for NRT, PVG and GRU.

VintageKrug
    Participant

It is impossible for the boxes to re-enter the system with anything in them; more likely is that people are scared that the boxes will re-enter the system with their remaining small items in them, and grab for their stuff, yanking the boxes off the rollers.

This isn’t properly explained to passengers, but as ever it’s BAA incompetence which manages to turn what would otherwise be one of the most successful screening systems into a less than optimal experience.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Bump. It’s been a while, but I’m going through North this evening… Is Fast Track open in the late afternoons any more, and where is the dedicated BA lane? Thanks

Cheeryguy
    Participant

I have passed through the North Terminal in the afternoon a couple of times recently. The Fast Track near BA check in has been closed both times. You are directed to the opposite end of the building, bit of a walk but the screening was fast and efficient .
    Their box system puts T 5 to shame.

cityprofessional
    Participant

Ah ok, thanks Cheeryguy. When you say the “opposite end” security lane, do you mean the far end one (is there fast track there too?), or the main middle security lanes?

Since the revamp, I’ve actually found the South Terminal security much faster than North – although agree that Gatwick is still miles better than Heathrow

SimonS1
    Participant

Is the one at the BA end a dedicated BA one? I fly Emirates and use it every time.

Travellator
    Participant

Premium North for BA was open at 6.00am yesterday – thank goodness cos was in a hurry to get my Baked Beans in the BA Lounge – how disgusting for a Flagship ( sic ) lounge

cityprofessional
    Participant

The one at the BA end was open at 17:30 today – what a breeze! LGW is officially my favourite big airport in the UK 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls