Gatwick M23 weekend closures.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• openfly
    Participant

It has been announced that as from Feb 28th there are to 5 weekend closures of the M23 during March 2020. On the 28th Feb at 21.00 the closure is northbound from Junction 10 to the M25 and reopens on mon 2nd Mar at 05.00. The next weekend is closed southbound. The third weekend is closed northbound again, then on the fourth the M23 is closed southbound. On the 5th weekend it is closed in both directions, but at different times.

It begs the question that…will the trains be running?!

2 users thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

I can’t answer your question about the train, but I can add that arriving at Gatwick one evening last Autumn the M23, and then the M25 clockwise from the M23 junction, was closed in intermittent sections – with diversions which added over an hour to our journey home to NW London, in what was (actually) not particularly heavy traffic.

Roadeater
    Participant

The first weekend 28 Feb is southbound. Not northbound. Highways England has accurate info.

openfly
    Participant

Highways England has changed the direction of closures over the last couple of days!!

openfly
    Participant

Just checked again….local press showing northbound closure this weekend, as originally stated!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My suggestion from north London to Gatwick, take Thameslink.

1 hour 10 minutes for me, £14, enjoyed some delightful views during the 8 minute wait at London Blackfriars.. change train but same platform.

Beats using M1,M25 and M23….

2 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=992070][/postquote]

And one more G&T before flight time …..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls