Garuda New Business Class

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

• KSHaggag
    Participant

If GA is thinking of EU ( again) ,I believe their best partner should be KLM on that axis ..KLM has done so much for GA over years …

Bigfoot
    Participant

I’ve recently flown Business Class on GA and KLM and think GA can teach KLM all about service and looking after passengers.

KSHaggag
    Participant

KLM is quite efficient /good in business class on both short/longhaul with that practical Dutch mentality that is quite different from the gracious Asian service !!..We understand this .

KLM has been a pioneer in the Airline Industry since 1919 and has been the QUEEN OF THE SKIES for decades ;it is now though undergoing the difficult circumstances and feeling the pinch of the crisis ;this is undoubtedly putting pressure on the standards in Economy class specifically .
    GA /SQ/CX have that gracious Asian touch that Europeans can never match ;let s consider these as two different worlds ;each one with his pros and cons ..

GenerationY
    Participant

Hello Bigfoot,

I don’t think SQ really cares about Star Alliance, and I don’t think GA do too about Skyteam.

SQ never cooperate with United, but instead choose Virgin America and JetBlue. It also refuses to cooperate with TG. They refuses to paint their tail with star logo and had limited cooperation with LH until recently.

Although limited, they do cooperate with GA and their regional carrier Silkair, has extensive cooperation with GA. Considering ASEAN openskies is about to take place, I can only see the big player in the region will merge and the smaller will be taken, ex: VN by NH.

Y.

AlanOrton1
    Participant

On the SQ not co-operating with UA front – I could be wrong, but I believe that if looking for an award booking on the UA site, using UA miles, no SQ options will be shown. You have to ring the UA call centre and an agent can check to see if seats on SQ are available.

GenerationY
    Participant

Hi KSHaggag,

Noted about the NA with KE. That would make sense. But I think they already are cooperating with KE to USA, if I am not wrong. 🙂

Regarding the SQ GA, I do fear about the price rise, but ASEAN consist of 10 national carriers with 5 main players (SQ, GA, TG, VN, MH) and big low cost carriers present (air Asia, tiger air, jet star,scoot and lion group).

As the low cost are expending to long haul, especially to ANZ, I think in the near future the big legacy carriers will have to group up, just like what happened in US and EU. However, as big aviation players who are ready to invests are now everywhere, the grouping will not only limited to within ASEAN carriers. Recently, NH had taken some stake in VN and I wouldn’t be surprise if Emirates will buy into MH at some point.

As an ASEAN national myself, I would rather see the region players merge with one another to keep the business in the region, hence my opinion on GASQ or GATG.

Now, considering all the carriers mentioned above, I don’t think the merger of GASQ will raise the price of ASEAN-ANZ, as they will have to compete with the rest.

Furthermore, recently I read in newspaper that NH is looking into investing GA and Philippines Air. I don’t think SIA is happy when foreign carrier eats up their market. I understand that Malaysia is a big market for SQ, I heard that the tie up between MH and EK is not a positive thing for SQ.

As now SQ is fortifying it’s home by buying tigerair to secure it’s budget traveler sector, I think the next step that SQ will take is to fortify it’s ASEAN share. I believe GA is the most logical one as SIN is perfectly located to connect the whole Indonesia to the world without backtracking and Indonesia is the biggest market in ASEAN. Beside the relationship between Indonesia and Singapore is really warm at the moment. But of course that is just my opinion. 🙂

Y.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

dasatrio – For sometime GA, along with PAL, were talking about expansing in Europe. But nothing ever happened. The point is that, since both carriers last served several European cities, the market has changed.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/102278/garuda-to-quit-london-gatwick-for-heathrow

GenerationY- Any link between GA and SQ might appear logical. But as we all know, the aviation business isn’t a logical one !

KSHaggag
    Participant

Hi GenerationY!

I see your point !

Thanks,,

Like James Hogan ( CEO Etihad ) said ,Alliances are nowadays an old game that needs to be more contemporary .A lot of airlines are in alliances ,whereas they are cooperating with other carriers outside the alliance ,let alone members of other rival alliances .QF with EK is a clear example of this !

TS-Andy
    Participant

It is indeed rare for Y passengers to have their jackets taken to hang except when one has premier status in their FFP. Years ago whenever I traveled Y with SQ and having no status in their FFP, my jackets were mostly taken. I am not sure if SQ still continue this excellent touch.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Details of Garuda’s London-Jakarta-London schedules are now emerging. The new timings and the use of Heathrow, rather than Gatwick, starts at the end of March.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/news/garuda-unveils-provisional-london-jakarta-non-s

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls