Garuda Indonesia in the news

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

transtraxman
    Participant

This piece from the BBC´s Fast Track should prove interesting for those who fly or want to fly GARUDA.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/fast_track/9528356.stm

and this from BREAKING TRAVEL NEWS
    “Garuda Indonesia adds new A330s to fleet”

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/news/article/garuda-indonesia-adds-new-a330s-to-fleet/

DClinPsy
    Participant

Yea boy…. As I said in previous post their regional flights are actually way better than any EU carriers and MH.

For instance, beside AVOD and full hot lunch/dinner (both Y and J), they let you choose from their quiet vast collections of Twinning tea (only J) during my 90 minutes flight from SIN-CGK, beside of that, I personally think their flights from SIN to Indonesia are better than SQ in term of value and about the same regarding FAs and services, not to mention GA offer better lounge in both CGK and SIN (considering SKL in T2 is now a bit dull).

A few things they need to revamp before I’ll fly them for long haul are their long haul products offering, such as AVOD (which is the same as the regional ones) and perhaps food?

Shamed that they are joining SkyTeam, would be great if they are in Oneworld! If only KLM decided to tie up with BA instead of AF…..

Binman62
    Participant

Anyone flwon with them on the domestic routes?
    I am in August and will post a trip report if no one beats me to it.

DClinPsy
    Participant

Hi Binman,

I had travelled with them domestically, where are you flying to? And where from? Would like to hear your feedback since I feel like the only one who ever fly them here.

watersz
    Participant

or lion air…..

i’m doing jakarta -bali for the weekend
    to get out of the city

dsatrio
    Participant

I’ve flown on GA often since I live in Indonesia. In recent years, they have improved A LOT, in terms of equipment (most are now B737-800), schedule, timeliness, food and service. I even find GA’s seat pitch to be better than other international airlines.
    For me, it’s still the first choice to fly domestically. If you are flexible and can time your Jkt-Bali trip accordingly, choose to fly on one of their A330s that makes a transit in Bali on the way to/back from Japan/Korea e.g GA412, GA414, GA418, GA413, GA415 or GA417.
    Lion Air… I choose not to fly them unless it’s necessary. They have recently been put on the goverment warning list due to timeliness issue.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls