Garuda… Back into London again?!!

Back to Forum

This topic contains 37 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  MarcusGB 13 Dec 2018
at 22:03

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)

• paulkaz
    Participant

Hi Marcus Did you attend GA’s office here in Sydney, level 6 55 Hunter St for assistance? If you’re booked on a flight that doesn’t exist then that must be a cancellation with in the terms of your insurance.
    Naturally the insecure nature of your return flight is stressful and will affect the quality of your stay. I would book a return flight. Book a fare that can be changed so if GA comes through you can keep the new ticket for another time. If GA doesn’t come through then sort out your insurance clain once settled back home.
    China Southern is skyteam and will have lots of seats. Korean run a daily A380 at present too.
    I know our internet is appalling but what town or region are you going that is so isolated? The NBN has made most places seviceable. Good luck.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

According to Airlineroute Garuda will be operating a Jakarta-London Heathrow on December 13.

But this one-time flight will be operated with a three-class B777 (which presumably means there will be first class) rather than the two-class B777 which is supposed to be operating its European services.

1 user thanked author for this post.

paulkaz
    Participant

13 December flight with first. Some Jakarta Grandee must be doing some christmas shopping in London.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Maybe that’s why it’s scheduled as a three-class B777 (according to Airlineroute) …

SimonS1
    Participant

Garuda eh.

Personally I wouldn’t trust any airline that comes from Indonesia. From what I read (see articles on Lion Air) the whole aviation sector is a disaster.

Has your plane been properly maintained? Or has someone somewhere been paid off to process key paperwork?

2 users thanked author for this post.

MarcusGB
    Participant

The Garuda office in Sydney informed me that the flights will begin 15th December.
    Agent told me that the Business cabin is full at 26, and about 140 in Economy.
    So seems not to really pay them to lessen Premium Cabin, or ridding of 1st Class. They are not packing Economy passengers in.
    With these figures, no wonder they do not want to actually start the route with an actual aircraft flying!
    Clearly it is purely about not having the numbers to make a flight viable, heard no excuse or reason for not flying and the delays

Failing that, they re-route via CGK to HKG and on with Cathay Pacific.
    Few options left as many Airlines are full already,

2 users thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

The Garuda office in Sydney informed me that the flights will begin 15th December.

Agent told me that the Business cabin is full at 26, and about 140 in Economy.

So seems not to really pay them to lessen Premium Cabin, or ridding of 1st Class. They are not packing Economy passengers in.

With these figures, no wonder they do not want to actually start the route with an actual aircraft flying!

Clearly it is purely about not having the numbers to make a flight viable, heard no excuse or reason for not flying and the delays

Failing that, they re-route via CGK to HKG and on with Cathay Pacific.

Few options left as many Airlines are full already,

They told you, eh? And you believed them?

Let’s hope that when your flight is cancelled due to low numbers there are still spaces on Cathay.

MarcusGB
    Participant

The first of the newly Introduced Garuda flights, CGK- LHR, has flown over to London today, 13th December.It is about to leave LHR on its return, Non stop to CGK.

“13 Dec 2018 Jakarta (CGK) London (LHR) GA86 14:48 12:05 PM 12:57 PM 8:00 PM
    Landed 8:45 PM.” FlightRadar24 Tracking
    AIRCRAFT
    Boeing 777-3U3(ER)
    REGISTRATION
    PK-GIG.

Therefore it seems Garuda are now running the flights 3 x weekly, as before. First class has been removed, and only 26 Business class seats now feature. These are full for flights upcoming, yet the take up in Economy has been in low numbers, not even 30% capacity booked, Garuda office in Sydney inform me. First Class is not any longer on this route.
    They will now join Skyteam at Terminal 4 at LHR. Not Terminal 3, meaning also a change to The Skyteam Lounge access, one of the best at LHR, and not the Overcrowded No 1 lounge in T3.
    However, they do not meet easily the flights connecting onto Sydney, and always need an overnight stay in Jakarta, on the return.
    Their Routes down to Australia are therefore, with no easy connections unless you stopover, provide no alternative as a direct 1 change route Down Under.

Unlike in the previous weeks, anyone booked has had a refund or been re-routed, I will travel before Xmas
    This will not not apply to my trip, though the helpful staff at Sydney’s Garuda Office had a re-routing plan that i discussed with them ready, if it had not started before the announced 15th December.

So, at this time, they ARE running flights back to LHR T4, but as usual, we shall see how long this lasts!

Viewing 8 posts - 31 through 38 (of 38 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls