Galleries Lounges at Heathrow

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• DannyBoy
    Participant

Ahh, I see… don’t let it get you down as he is now well gone. Perhaps go and indulge in a fine cognac or champagne to celebrate 🙂

1 user thanked author for this post.

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1214490]

Indeed they do manage the lounges, but the budget is set by BA. And I believe the contract given in 2013 was renewed at least once under Cruz.

In simple terms you don’t get Moet on an Asti Spumante budget.

3 users thanked author for this post.

DannyBoy
    Participant

Seriously bro, you and anyone else who still lives back in the old old BA days when they were ranked as the best need to stop sulking and blaming people. Times have moved on, generations are changing, and if BA doesn’t want to be top grade of what they once were then that’s really their call.

There are lots of other airlines to fly all over the world, expand horizons, and experiences and stop comparing to BA as the default every time.

Have a good weekend 🙂

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

The real issue is , in my opinion, BA does not know what it stands for now let alone what it wants to be seen as in the future. Very little has been said about the Board´s role in the mayhem over the past few years so maybe they feel they are in no way accountable

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1214614]

Sorry but I think you are wrong on this.

BA have never stopped pretending that they are still a “premium” airline ( as they evidently were in the King/Marshall era ), they have just forgotten what you actually have to deliver to be one.

Read the marketing guff on their website about First, and compare it to what they actually deliver. Then compare it with what other carriers offer their premium pax.

And then ask yourself why BA think they can charge the same prices as their competitors. Or often more.

2 users thanked author for this post.

DannyBoy
    Participant

[postquote quote=1214619]

Mate, seriously you need to chill lol 🙂 I understand what you are saying but don’t let it drag you down. If you feel so deeply about it you could sue them for false advertising.

Maybe King & Marshall are the problem for setting the bar way too high to make it sustainable for the future. Whatever the reason for the deep changes at BA over the last 17 years I can’t explain but I am sure there was a strong case for it. If I ever have the privillige to meet Willie Walsh I will ask him and try and get that answer for you.

For now just accept there are weirdos out there who are willing to accept BA as their number one premium airline and willing to pay the prices otherwise why else would they still exist. I seem to recall a couple of nut jobs who frequented this forum in years gone by who would stand up for anything and everything BA.

If you are ever next down in the Farnham, Surrey area then let me know or if we ever meet face to face any where the world and I will happily take you out for a drink (on me) and you can tell me all about how BA was once the best in the world 🙂

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1214635]

Thanks for the offer, DannyBoy, but I think I will pass.

Ian
    Participant

[postquote quote=1214482]

Another top tip if you prefer to use the T5B lounge and are reasonably mobile – the walkway can get you to A or C in about 10 minutes.

1 user thanked author for this post.

rodders
    Participant

Have used the CCR lounge on numerous occasions recently and been fine, clean, good service and a decent offering. I cannot say the same for a recent experience in the Plaza Premium Lounge in T2, inedible food, lack of choice, and a very average alcohol selection, and indifferent staff.

SimonS1
    Participant

Of course in an ideal world competition would balance things out on a supply and demand basis. In practice Heathrow is at capacity and BA controls 51% of the slots (the next highest is Virgin with 4%). So “choice” is relative, really.

However to some extent we all have a choice, both in terms of carrier and of how we travel. Personally I’m not one for lurking around airport lounges but each to their own I guess.

Paul
    Participant

The last couple of times I have been to LHR I have wandered round the crowded and stingy lounges and then went and sat outside.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls