Further extension of BAEC renewal period

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• highcadence
    Participant

To the best of my knowledge, BA has extended the EC status for those gold members who have their collection year ending up until 30 September 2022. Given the high number of past and ongoing flight cancellations, any thoughts or insights as to whether BA will extend for those gold members expiring after 30 September?

British Airways to cancel a further 10,300 flights from August until October

2 users thanked author for this post.

onajetplane
    Participant

I am someone who missed out on the most recent extension by a month. My year ends first week of October. As a long-standing Gold member, I now stand to lose Gold status – though I wouldn’t have if BA hadn’t undertaken the slew of cancellations this summer – and thus had bookings cancelled. In addition, I have been proactively avoiding BA for the rest of the summer and unwilling to risk booking new flights with them. So I appreciate at some point the COVID restrictions (and extension benefits) have to end at some point… but ironically I flew more with BA during the various lockdowns when the status extensions were being readily granted, whereas now that the lockdowns are (for the most) part lifted, it’s actually more difficult for me to fly BA and thus I will lose Gold after many years. Maybe it’s a long overdue intervention but I do wonder how many others are in my situation and if the extensions will be extended given the summer of chaos – only amplified by the extension of caps at heathrow until october.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls