Further B737 Max issues

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• Johnnyg
    Participant

News released that there are further issues with a manufacturing process on certain B737 models.

These relate to fixings / fittings in the tail. It has been known about for 4 years and yet the FAA have allowed Boeing to sort it out themselves,

https://www.seattletimes.com/business/boeing-aerospace/boeing-737-max-production-hit-by-a-new-defect-in-supplier-part/

cwoodward
    Participant

Always going to be very likely and not the last I suspect.

Inquisitive
    Participant

Please do not make me nervous! A number of short haul flights I am taking now are B737 Max equipment!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Some friends flew Ryanair recently and knowing of my interest in aircraft/flying, told me that their aircraft was a Boeing 737-8200, it seems that it was a 737MAX, but maybe Ryanair prefer not to use the word MAX, or has Boeing officially changed the name?

woodyhoo
    Participant

when flying this airframe is under constant stress. I think it is only a matter of time until we have more disasters.

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1356302]

Nope, no official Boeing name change, only by Ryanair

1 user thanked author for this post.

Bill
    Participant

Seriously, Boeing is an awesome airline producer. They have woken up from their lull so instead of dwelling on everything that is perceived as negative look at the positive things Boeing is doing. For example they are visiting various airlines worldwide free of charge and helping them evaluate their maintenance programs, pilot training, and general operations. How cool is that? It will with time equate to better producer-customer relations and safer travel for passengers.

cwoodward
    Participant

In my opinion it would be more accurate at the moment given the issues still surrounding the 737-max, the seemingly serious production issues and delayed delivery of the 787 plus the seemingly 6 years late delivery of the new 777 to reword the first sentence of the above as
    ‘Boeing used to be a producer of great aircraft – and may perhaps be again’.

To be frank I see nothing very ‘cool’ about a struggling manufacturer visiting customers to drum up much needed business as doing so is a normal need for any business that is struggling.

I loved travelling in the 747,like the 777, find the 787 a very vanilla aircraft that feels cheap (when compared to the A350) and would never set foot in the 737max.

I do hope that the new 777 incantation is a success as if not I fear for the future of the once great Boeing Company – (almost) destroyed by cooperate greed.

4 users thanked author for this post.

Johnnyg
    Participant

[quote quote=1362617]For example they are visiting various airlines worldwide free of charge and helping them evaluate their maintenance programs, pilot training, and general operations. How cool is that? It will with time equate to better producer-customer relations and safer travel for passengers.[/quote]

That is admirable for future mtce programmes but all the issues stem from the Boeing facility itself.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Excuse my ignorance but why is this situation being allowed to persist? Are the planes safe or not? Is tha FAA failing in its job, or is this a hue political hot potato that nobody wants to upset Boeing?…or worse illegal acts have been committed and ignored?

Johnnyg
    Participant

ANNOUNCED ON FLIGHTGLOBAL TODAY.
    10/08/23

Something else to worry about.

737 Max awaits design fix to avert risk of severe engine damage from anti-ice.

Boeing 737 Max powerplants are set to undergo design modification after discovery that use of engine anti-ice in certain operating conditions can result in failure of the engine inlet’s inner barrel and substantial cowl damage.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls