Fun Traveller Quiz – a tad harder than usual

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

A tad harder BigDog? !! That is true.

5/16 oh my word.

Uranium235
    Participant

Are we sure their answer to question 4 is correct? Seems highly illogical.

MrMichael
    Participant

A miserable 5 for me.

JollyMartian
    Participant

@Uranium235 – “France” usually includes all the various DOM-TOM’s around the world – hence the answer is probably correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_departments_and_territories_of_France

canucklad
    Participant

13 out of 16…..: )

Stupid mistake,forgot about South Sudan,never spent Soms,nor did I know about Columbus and his barnacles!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Only 9 out of 16

What a head scratcher that was!, I visited the the area of the country where Colombus scraped his barnacles in 2014 so that was a lucky one for me.

dutchyankee
    Participant

8 out of 16, so 50%, and I thought I was well travelled and well versed! Great quiz!

BEYbrit
    Participant

10/16, and quite chuffed lol. Annoyed that I got Ibn Battuta wrong though!

conshaldow
    Participant

Great quiz, really got me thinking! 9/16 so not too bad. I did think Pamana originally for 15 however had a last minute change.

No idea how I knew Helvetica was Switzerland but just one of those ones where you know it.

Coldbat
    Participant

13/16… Missed 1,10,13… Very fun though!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

6/16, but in reality it was 14 guesses and only 2 that I knew…..

BigDog.
    Participant

conshaldow – 25/01/2016 11:51 GMT – Maybe if you read most of “Asterix the Gaul” books when young you would have the answer 😉

Wrt France – it is also a popular pub quiz question – on which country does the sun never set ? – France, as most of France’s overseas territories (in Atlantic, Caribbean, Pacific) are deemed part of France. They elect directly to the French Parliament and have the Euro.

icenspice
    Participant

If I had been thinking straight last night BigDog, I should have got the timezone one. French Guiana is depicted on the back of € notes, but not New Caledonia….so I am trying to work out the official currency there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls