Fun Traveller Quiz – a tad harder than usual

Back to Forum

This topic contains 18 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Cloud-9 28 Jan 2016
at 21:38

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

icenspice
    Participant

A tad harder BigDog? !! That is true.

5/16 oh my word.

Uranium235
    Participant

Are we sure their answer to question 4 is correct? Seems highly illogical.

MrMichael
    Participant

A miserable 5 for me.

JollyMartian
    Participant

@Uranium235 – “France” usually includes all the various DOM-TOM’s around the world – hence the answer is probably correct.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overseas_departments_and_territories_of_France

canucklad
    Participant

13 out of 16…..: )

Stupid mistake,forgot about South Sudan,never spent Soms,nor did I know about Columbus and his barnacles!

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Only 9 out of 16

What a head scratcher that was!, I visited the the area of the country where Colombus scraped his barnacles in 2014 so that was a lucky one for me.

dutchyankee
    Participant

8 out of 16, so 50%, and I thought I was well travelled and well versed! Great quiz!

BEYbrit
    Participant

10/16, and quite chuffed lol. Annoyed that I got Ibn Battuta wrong though!

conshaldow
    Participant

Great quiz, really got me thinking! 9/16 so not too bad. I did think Pamana originally for 15 however had a last minute change.

No idea how I knew Helvetica was Switzerland but just one of those ones where you know it.

Coldbat
    Participant

13/16… Missed 1,10,13… Very fun though!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

6/16, but in reality it was 14 guesses and only 2 that I knew…..

BigDog.
    Participant

conshaldow – 25/01/2016 11:51 GMT – Maybe if you read most of “Asterix the Gaul” books when young you would have the answer 😉

Wrt France – it is also a popular pub quiz question – on which country does the sun never set ? – France, as most of France’s overseas territories (in Atlantic, Caribbean, Pacific) are deemed part of France. They elect directly to the French Parliament and have the Euro.

icenspice
    Participant

If I had been thinking straight last night BigDog, I should have got the timezone one. French Guiana is depicted on the back of € notes, but not New Caledonia….so I am trying to work out the official currency there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls