Full House!Create Topic

Home Forums Other Miscellaneous Full House!

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  LuganoPirate 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Bath_VIP
    Participant

This week I travelled from Bath to St Malo in Northern France and in doing so, I realised I had completed a full suite of transport modes in a single trip. Specifically I travelled as follows:

1. Home to Bath station by TAXI
    2. Bath to Southampton airport by TRAIN
    3. Southampton to Jersey by PLANE
    4. Jersey airport to St Helier Ferry port by BUS
    5. St Helier to St Malo by FERRY

So that is road, rail, air & sea travel all in one trip!

Can anybody beat this? What is the most number of modes of travel you have had in a single trip? Other modes that come to mind are bike, helicopter, underground, horse & cart, etc.

Landmarc
    Participant

Yes, as a matter of fact, just got back on a tiring but interesting trip accompanying a gambling client! Started on Wednesday morning with breakfast in a local market near my hotel (Sheraton Bangkok ) – took a tuk-tuk back to the hotel, packed my stuff and took a hotel ferry across the river to join my client at the Peninsular. From the Pen the hotel provided us with a Rolls Phantom to BKK. Flew CX business to HKG. HKG airport express to Kowloon where we took a taxi to Shun Tak ferry terminal where we boarded a 10min chopper ride to Macau. Picked up by another Rolls to Sands. First thing Thursday morning I was heading back to HKG by hydrofoil! How’s that for an even fuller house?

Walk to port in Tangier.
    Ferry to Algeciras.
    (Robbed of all cash at knifepoint within 30 minutes)
    Police car to track down my attackers. Result!
    Hitchhike to Malaga Airport involving a motorbike, camper van and truck.
    Fly to LGW.
    Sob story to Gatwick Express – allowed to travel for free.
    Sob story to London Underground – allowed to travel for free.
    Collapse, looking very brown(ed) off.

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Very impressive Alexpo! 8 modes of transport. A truck is definitely unusual.

You obviously have a knack for sob stories. What’s your secret?

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

No records here, but maybe unusual mode – submarine – in Egypt.

MartynSinclair

FDoS – I would love to read a trip report about a sub…. Now that must be the most unusual mode of transport for this forum….

FormerlyDoS
    Participant

Better than a trip report, if you watch the below from 4:25, it is an accurate depiction of the experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhj6Z_mX4cw

When Egypt calms down, it’s worth a go, if in the Hurghada area, I really enjoyed the experience.

They (2 of them) are true submarines (not semi submersibles) and they go down well under the surface.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice thread Bath.

Trying as hard as I can recall, I can’t get above 5, but I do have an unusual one, transport in a bed!!!

Walk
    Bus
    Train
    Underground
    Being pushed 1 mile in a bed
    Ended up in a pub!

It was a charity thing but over 40 years ago so really cannot remember more details. We use to do things like walking over all of London’s bridges and be sponsored per bridge crossed.

Not the most but perhaps one of the more unusual?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.