Full AA 777 first class review

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Anonymous

social_rover
    Participant

Flight 69: Madrid Barajas (MAD) – Miami International Airport (MIA)
    Date: 12/29/2014

Arrival at Airport:
    American airlines usually does not fly their 777 on this route but in this case they did. I was originally booked on business class. Being that I am a Platinum member of American Airlines I had the pleasant surprise of being upgraded to First Class. Although there is no designated First Class Check-in desk, the people at the counter worked quickly and efficiently. After check in I approached Iberia’s Fast Track security check point which also went smoothly. Their Fast Track Check in has 4 different lines, therefore there is no wait time.

Airport Lounges:
    Madrid Barajas is Iberia’s hub airport and host 2 lounges. There is one located right after the security check point located in the domestic departure terminal of the airport (T4). This is personally my favorite lounge. It has a wide variety of food, coffees and teas as well as a business center, showers and a rest area with beds.

The second lounge is located on the international departure terminal of the airport (T4s). This lounge is very nice and well equipped with food, beverages and wines, a business center but it does not have a relaxation area with beds. This lounge has a great panoramic view of the runways which adds a nice touch to the flying experience.

Boarding:
    My flight was delayed about 15 minutes, but that did not bother me at all due to the fact that I had been upgraded to the Flagship Suite. Once boring began, it went smoothly and quickly. The only complaint I have is that First and Business Class boarded together and no priority was given to First Class passengers whom usually pay $7,000-$10,000 dollars for their ticket as opposed to $3,000-$5,000 for business class.

On Board Experience:
    Once on board, I was offered champagne, juice and water; I went with the champagne. About an hour into the flight the lunch service began.

Starters:
    Sliced Grilled Chicken – with balsamic glaze and a goat cheese fritter
    Prosciutto and Mozzarella – with melon

Soup:
    Pomodoro Tomato – with creme fraiche

Salad:
    Mixed Greens with Julienned Red and Yellow Peppers – lime yogurt dressing or balsamic vinaigrette

Assorted breads

Entrees:
    Beef Tenderloin – peppercorn sauce, potato croquettes and creamed spinach with carrots

Marinated Chicken Breast – indian butter sauce, cumin rice, sautéed spinach and cauliflower

Sesame Crusted Cod – soy white wine sauce, basmati rice, sugar snap peas and red peppers

Seven Cheese Agnolotti – tomato and béchamel sauces

Desserts:
    Traditional Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream Sundae – choice of fudge, butterscotch or seasonal berry toppings with pecans

Gourmet Cheese Plate- red cheddar, blue cheese and Montero Farmer White

Chocolate Fondant Lava Cake – with vanilla ice cream

Cannoli

I went with the sliced grilled chicken, soup, salad, their famous signature pretzel bread, beef tenderloin and the cannoli. All where surprisingly amazing for being airplane food.

Post-Lunch:
    After lunch, complimentary PJs where handed out. They are very comfortable and include pants, a comfortable shirt and slippers.

Once the lights went out, flight attendants past out water bottles. Just to add a note, the flight attendants on this flight where terrible. They where all unprofessional, out of uniform and simply unpleasant and definitely not up to the standers of a First Class FA.

I managed to sleep 5 hours out of the 10 hour flight. When I woke up they began getting ready for the pre arrival meal which was also very delicious. After the pre-landing meal, we received a glass of sparkling water with lemon which was a nice detail to have, along with gourmet chocolates from New York.

Amenity Kit included: Chap stick, eye covers, socks, a pen, hand cream, moisturizer and tissues.

Overall Rating:

Airport and Lounge: 10/10

Boarding: 8/10

Food: 9/10

Service: 7/10

Seat: 9/10

Bed and Amenities: 8/10

Bathrooms: 5/10

IFE: 10/10

Overall: 8.2/10

Read more at socialrover.net

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls