FRwinning – Beat FR at their own game

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

I know that there is not many of us on here that use FR , for obvious reasons.

However , for those of us, who are not London centric , then playing the FR game allows you access to places that would not naturally spring to mind.
    And if you learn to play the game using the rules, FR put in place behind the scenes, then you definitely gain the advantage and use their rules against them.
    Cheap weekend/short breaks become more manageable and pleasurable …….

I’m just back from Poland, 12 of us went , celebrating my mates 50th birthday.

I’m going to share my small tip…
    I booked up for 8 of us, and on the outbound flight, thinking like a CX passenger I checked-in as soon as it became available…… Seats were allocated thus 1B,3B,4B, 16B, 31E, 18E, 4E & 31C ………Pointing out that I had an option to pay a supplement if I didn’t like the seat !

On the way back I realised that their business model is topsey turvey from normal carriers and is designed to drive revenue by pissing you off ! ………… I waited till 4 hours before the deadline and hey presto…..some of us had seats together and not one of us had a middle seat!!
    So it’s definitely the case that with Ryanair, the early bird doesn’t get the worm.

Finally, if you’re looking for a short break place , head to Gdansk and stay in the spa town of Sopot …..a brilliant weekend.

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls