frustration with redeeming BA Miles

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Contrary to what has been said on these pages, on an off chance I tried to book my January BKK run via avios miles redemption. Into the BA web site and I was not at all suprised to see zero availability this side of 2020.

Clicking on partner airlines, manged to get QF out and BA 10 back. OK this is not perfect, but at 110,000 avios, Euros 630 and the upper deck for both sectors, I am more than happy. It does however leave the question why the BA 10 was not showing as available on the BA part of avios.

CORRECTION – the redemption was 120,000 avios not 110,000!

FURTHER CORRECTION – on further reflection the words “this is not perfect” is very unfair of me. OK, I prefer NCW over QF bus, but against my back up plan of using a cheaper “stopping route” this is very very perfect!!

esselle
    Participant

Just been onto BA.com and got two seats in F using Avios/Amex voucher to CPT next November, on the dates I wanted.

Binman62
    Participant

Martyn…no surprise tha qf and BA have some availability on BKK at present . With QF pulling off route and taking their slide business class seat with them they are already seeing reduction of loads. I am delighted you got what you need but using BA/QF in this way does not allow the use of Amex vouchers…….and that means the true cost of seats doubles.
    I think people would be astounded to learn how many staff of airlines flew in business and first in the last few days when there was zero redemption availability or only very late availability.
    There is still no single day for the next 12 months with two seats on BA metal to / from OZ.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

My good fortune seems to continue with the redemption miles reward flghts.

I have a 3 day trip form BKK to HKG, not only dates were fixed but could only use one specific flight.

Again, naturally BA pages were blank, but partner airlines (Cathay) had a perfect match, for 2 passengers. Both were booked no problem.

I could not though make a seat reservation, but once again, highly delighted with the relative ease of the booking.

Viewing 4 posts - 61 through 64 (of 64 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls