From Bronze to Silver.

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

george3
    Participant

Hi, I have 340 Lounge points and 300,000 Avios. My Bronze card runs out in September and I would be obliged if someone could suggest the most cost effective way of reaching 600 points. I am based in Glasgow and have meetings over the next few months in London, Dubai and Malaga.
    Thanks.

first_class_please
    Participant

You only need 600 points to get to silver, so a business class return to Dubai would earn 320 points from Glasgow via London.

Alternatively World Traveller Plus would get you 190, add a BA economy to Malaga (80 for flexible economy) and that should do it.

SwissExPat
    Participant

Consider a Royal Jordanian flight to DXB via Amman. You get quite generous Avios and status points from them.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

george3 – are you saying you have 340 out of the 600 Tier points needed for Silver? With all those trips in the pipeline this should not be an issue whatsoever. By the way, if you are ever just flying to London you can book Glasgow – London Gatwick in H class which is only 50 quid each way, you get double tier points in this class (40 round trip) It’s over 100 quid each way if you do this to Heathrow. Also, if you get the first few rows this is club europe seating!…. If you find yourself 40 points short, just do this!

george3
    Participant

Thanks Mr B and the others. Much appreciated.

G

edwardbm
    Participant

Also, look out on your Malaga flight for 69 GBP or 79 GBP upgrades to business (under the booking ref on Exec account) I have flown return to Malaga 4 times (8 Legs) in the last year had have got this offer on 5 of the legs.

Club Europe will get you 40 each leg.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls