Friday Fun – Where are you today and what can you see?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

• JohnHarper
    Participant

Given the increased functionality of the forum I thought a few Friday pics might be in order.

So where are you today and what can you see?

At the moment I’m sitting on the terrace at home in Cyprus looking straight up into the Besparmak Mountains – it’s a view I never tire of and it changes as the sun moves across the sky during the day. The temp is currently 40C which is a little warm even for me and unusually there is no breeze today. Time for a dip in the pool I think!

Have a good weekend everyone.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Today, my deck and back garden in a moist, but bright Lancaster.

Quite a change from yesterday morning, when I was looking out at a panoramic view of Dubai Marina.

Abidjan
    Participant

Washington DC – – from my office, I can see the Capitol and Washington Monument.

MrMichael
    Participant

Back home in SW London, looking at an unopened bottle of Captain Morgan Spiced that is imploring me to open it, pour a stiff one in to a glass with two (proper) ice cubes.

Happy Friday

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Many views today between LCY and FRA..

However until I am able to reduce a picture size on my blackberry to below 512mb, I will be unable to share…

The one thing I have seen though are empty streets both in Frankfurt and Wiesbaden.. it’s Friday night and people are not out in their usual numbers…

If I stay until Sunday night, I may even get to see Sting… who is performing here..

Happy weekend everyone….

SimonS1
    Participant

Gaborone, Botswana. Gorgeous day looking out on miles of open savannah as far as they eye can see.

icenspice
    Participant

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1gzcw94nol66yvs/2014-08-18%2020.28.03.jpg?dl=0

At home on the balcony. Again.

Try Pastis MrMichael.

1 user thanked author for this post.

DavidGordon10
    Participant

On the 29th floor of my hotel in Osaka, looking West over the vast cityscape, and counting the trains – record so far is eight trains all in one view.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

Millennium Hilton Bangkok, rooftop bar, bottle of Singha in hand.

canucklad
    Participant

Yesterday was today’s Friday and far more interesting. Memorable scenes I would have uploaded….
    Vibrant Victoria Square in Birmingham,that had pictorial aerial vistas on public display. Including the Lake District.
    3 hours later I flew over Lake Windermere with stunning green and blue hues that only a British summer could offer.
    Today,my window view is far more mundane. An ever changing sky above a beautiful oak tree that is toying with my choice of afternoon pub attire. 😉

LuganoPirate
    Participant

On the Game Reserve watching the lions and elephants. Very serene but cold – just 11c.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Nice topic John. Your view sounds idyllic. I’ll try and post a picture in the morning.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Simon, what a coincidence. I just drove down from Maun, spent the night in Palapye, then drove past Gabs yesterday to Kimberly. Safe travels.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

[quote quote=716475]Millennium Hilton Bangkok, rooftop bar, bottle of Singha in hand.

[/quote]

Now with photograph 🙂

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Here’s my view this lunchtime from our deck. No animals to be seen but it is winter.

PS. This is my first attempt at an attachment on the forum so hope it works?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls