Frequent traveller: Why are we waiting?

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Isabel07
    Participant

with all respect to the annoyance of late comers for whatever reason, the huge inconsistency between countries, airport, and terminals make it difficult to use your time at the airport productively.
    I remember a couple of years ago it was sufficient for frequent travelers like myself to get to the airport 20-30 min before departure, and easily make the flight, if you knew where you were going. Now, security lanes are much more unpredictable due to additional measures we all know about. At some airports you don’t get pulled out anymore for check-in closure or at security lanes. And then the introduction of a “quiet” terminal means there are no more announcement at T5 for gate closures etc. which I find extremely annoying. Why does an airport terminal have to be quiet – ever been at a quiet train station?
    I don’t want to be late for a flight, nor miss it of course. but i also want to use my time more productively and comfortable than sitting at a gate for an hour waiting to board.

VintageKrug
    Participant

Exactly how large were the louts, MichelAngelo?

PaulJennings
    Participant

The r was deliberate. Both were… er… carrying excess baggage.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls