Frequent Flyer Point Credit Delays

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

SimonRowberry
    Participant

Has anyone else noticed, over the last few months, increased delays in airlines crediting points to accounts? This is something I’ve not noticed until the last three months or so. For example, with SAS EuroBonus I’m still waiting for Business Class flights BHX-IST-GYD and back on TK in February to be credited, despite several emails asking for action (and promises that such action would be taken) – my Gold status depends on these flights being credited. Also, with Finnair Plus, I’ve noticed Finnair’s own flights taking several weeks to appear on my on-line statement; I’m still waiting there for a couple of Iberia J-class flights and several Hilton stays to be credited.
    It’s therefore not just third party points (e.g. hotels and other alliance carriers), but the host airlines themselves, in my experience.
    Is this because of reduced staffing levels in the FFP departments as a result of the economic downturn, or is it something a tad more sinister, such as a way of limiting the number of award flight redemptions (although I guess an extension of black-out dates could achieve the same result)?
    Is it just me and my two programmes (Star Aliance/SK and OneWorld/AY), or are others finding the same thing?
    I would also mention that HiltonHonors seems to have slowed down as well!

DavidHawke
    Participant

Singapore airlines Krisflyer and Emirates Skywards credit frequent flyer points instantly. Great service!

albert_ateng
    Participant

not in my case. recently travelled on lufthansa with miles credited to singapore air’s krisflyer in no time (only the usual 2-3 days delay). also has no prob with cathay’s asia miles (despite having longer delays than krisflyer). Great improvement on both (reduced errors) since initially started years ago.

SimonRowberry
    Participant

It’s interesting that David and Albert cite four of the best carriers in the world……I doubt whether one would put SAS or Finnair in that category (bless ’em). I’d be interested to hear from anyone in respect of these sorts of “second tier” carriers and their experience with their FFPs. BTW, I’m STILL waiting for those two airlines to credit me with the outstanding points……

wishee71
    Participant

Funny that, I have actually had the same experience recently with Virgin, I am Gold holder and usually they are instantly added even partner flights but recently I have taken South African Airways flights internally on business and they have taken up to three months to be added and then caused all sorts of issues with my status level. After numerous calles to VS Customer Service we got it resolved. I suspect with the laying off of staff it is simply an administration issue and fewer staff handling the same work load.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls