French ATC strike May 22

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)

• 787fan
    Blocked

Faroaflyer

I couldn’t agree more.

The forum is now largely for a few very opinionated, nationalistic and quite abhorrent people.

Tom – if you wamt the forum to be for less than 10 frankly rude and aggressive participants, please let this carry on. See how few people who now participate?

This used to be a great forum – it is now a forum for individuals with rabid nationalistic tendencies who savage those who disagree with them. Close the forum down rather than have this garbage.

This used to be a great forum for those who wanted to discuss TRAVEL.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

It’s interesting that someone with one reply and no threads started knows the history of BT so well and also the publishers name.

It seems somewhat underhand to start a new handle to attack other posters.

I believe that BT threatened to ban posters using multiple handles – could this be a good place to start?

Flightlevel
    Participant

Faroflyer,etc. are you being sarcastic, as usual forum members get aggressive about some matters and French ATCOs are spoiled, like AF staff.
    While Macron is 50 years too late to change laws there (was he born 50 years ago?) we may have gone too far in the UK and now we only get social justice improvements in increments, hence Uber, TFI Friday, and Sports Direct are possibly just taking advantage, to say nothing of those in Amazon wharehouses!
    Its one of the reasons we love France!

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[quote quote=867466]Faroflyer,etc. are you being sarcastic, as usual forum members get aggressive about some matters and French ATCOs are spoiled, like AF staff.

While Macron is 50 years too late to change laws there (was he born 50 years ago?) we may have gone too far in the UK and now we only get social justice improvements in increments, hence Uber, TFI Friday, and Sports Direct are possibly just taking advantage, to say nothing of those in Amazon wharehouses!

Its one of the reasons we love France![/quote]

Flightlevel. I did not make those comments. My comments only complain about people making that kind of remark. For some unknown reason FDOS attributed that offensive remark to me, then later retracted it in comment #867432 above.

For your information I fly to France tomorrow to meet a customer. Next month we have a long weekend in Bordeaux, French ATCO permitting 🙂

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Many flights delayed/cancelled today because of the strike. It affects flights heading to or from France as well as those which would normally overfly France.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/france-air-traffic-control-strike-flights-delayed-cancelled-ryanair-easyjet-british-airways-a8362781.html

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=867483]

Faroflyer,etc. are you being sarcastic, as usual forum members get aggressive about some matters and French ATCOs are spoiled, like AF staff.

Its one of the reasons we love France!

Flightlevel. I did not make those comments. My comments only complain about people making that kind of remark. For some unknown reason FDOS attributed that offensive remark to me, then later retracted it in comment #867432 above.

For your information I fly to France tomorrow to meet a customer. Next month we have a long weekend in Bordeaux, French ATCO permitting 🙂[/quote]
    Faro Flyer,

I didn’t attribute that quote to you, it seems to have been a system error – that’s why I made a further post to disassociate you from it.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

Faro Flyer,

I didn’t attribute that quote to you, it seems to have been a system error – that’s why I made a further post to disassociate you from it.[/quote]

Ah! A system error. I can see the new topic now:-

BT’s appalling website

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Now I opened this thread to see if there might be any disruption to a Swiss fight I am taking tomorrow through French airspace.

Of the 29 posts to date, 3 convey information alone, and the rest are opinion. Now, quite often, opinions on this forum are useful but I submit that almost all of the 26 opinion posts in this thread are not at all useful.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Faro Flyer,

I didn’t attribute that quote to you, it seems to have been a system error – that’s why I made a further post to disassociate you from it.[/quote]

Ah! A system error. I can see the new topic now:-

BT’s appalling website

Silly comment. BA’s website is funded by a multi million turnover global enterprise, with a team of tens, if not hundreds of people. BT’s website is run on a shoestring budget by comparison.

To compare the two is completely unrealistic.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

[quote quote=867518]Now I opened this thread to see if there might be any disruption to a Swiss fight I am taking tomorrow through French airspace.

Of the 29 posts to date, 3 convey information alone, and the rest are opinion. Now, quite often, opinions on this forum are useful but I submit that almost all of the 26 opinion posts in this thread are not at all useful.[/quote]

Yes, things are getting very over-heated once again, which is a shame, because there was a sign that it was beginning to attract new users (and spam and trolls, but that goes with the territory).

Can we try and stick to the topic threads please?

Hktbound
    Participant

When is the next strike please? I heard a rumor it’s on Saturday? Can anyone confirm?

Johnnyg
    Participant

[quote quote=867545]

Now I opened this thread to see if there might be any disruption to a Swiss fight I am taking tomorrow through French airspace.

Of the 29 posts to date, 3 convey information alone, and the rest are opinion. Now, quite often, opinions on this forum are useful but I submit that almost all of the 26 opinion posts in this thread are not at all useful.

Yes, things are getting very over-heated once again, which is a shame, because there was a sign that it was beginning to attract new users (and spam and trolls, but that goes with the territory).

Can we try and stick to the topic threads please?[/quote]

Tom Otley +1

AlanOrton1
    Participant

Hktbound – I’ve not heard of any strikes announced for this Saturday (26). There was one on 26 May 2016(!)

Am due to fly AF on 26th, so fingers crossed. Hoping all goes according to plan, may even try and post a quick review…..will don my tin hat.

pheighdough
    Participant

hello. As i posted initially I’ve heard a strike in the Marseille/Nice area this weekend, which coincides with the Monaco GP. Nothing more known at the moment

Kimi_CDG
    Participant

As mentioned in the original post, a strike is planned on May 26th and 27th. ATC workers at Marseille airport only. Flights to/from Marseille, Nice and Corsica should be affected.

https://www.deplacementspros.com/Les-controleurs-aeriens-de-Marseille-en-greve-fin-mai_a48358.html

I have just read also about a strike in Italy for the same dates:
    – first at Milan airport (ground staff) only on May 26th
    – workers from train companies Italio and Trenitalia should be on strike this weekend as well. I do not know how exactly traffic will be impacted.

https://www.garda.com/fr/crisis24/alertes-de-securite/119976/italy-air-and-rail-worker-strikes-may-26-27-update-1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 42 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls