Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco – which airline?

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am planning to fly from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco. United First Class is currently $ 478 & Jet Blue ‘extra space row 11’ is $233. I have never flown JetBlue.

Seat Guru shows the legroom to be the same, and I appreciate the JetBlue seat is 4 inches narrower.

I am not fussed about using a lounge, but I would appreciate knowing which would be the more comfortable option please ?

Senator
    Participant

I’ve not been a big United fan for about a decade or so. However, this summer I had 4 segments on United in their domestic First. Whilst not luxurious, it was nice and comfortable. Depending on which aeroplane is scheduled, I find that the options are quite good: in-flight wifi and media streaming service to your device.

Quite honestly, $479 for a long flight like this is a bargain in my book

Bullfrog
    Participant

I agree that $ 479 is a bargain for such a long flight. It’s a 737 800 aircraft, I believe. I’m not fussed about wifi, ‘comfort is my main requirement’.

I’m not so fussed about the $ saving on JetBlue. A friend in the travel business said they preferred JetBlue staff & the A320, and a window seat in row 11.

Senator
    Participant

I think United will be more comfortable for a cross-country journey. I do hear good things about JetBlue, but I would still go United on this long trip.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Is the United flight direct? Might be worth looking at Virgin America, or American have a daily morning flight with a 777 that has the longhaul product on from Miami. (old Longhaul product). If you have Avios could even try and redeem these for Business or First on this leg.

Bullfrog
    Participant

the AA ex MIA is an old 767 with old First; Virgin America ex FLL is very expensive; the UA is non stop from FLL to SFO

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Apologies – thinking of LA rather than SFO. LA has the 777 not SFO.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Bullfrog

Jetblue will be like an easyJet flight in the exit row.

United will be 2 x 2 seating (wider, as you note) in a dedicated cabin.

I like Jetblue – once did a 6h45 flight from NYC to SFO, but only you can decide which is the best deal.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls