Flying with family on BA- am I right to be annoyed?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• Chris
    Participant

Thanks. Oddly enough I sent two on the same day (im enjoying GDPR), one to BA and one to a political party and neither has been acknowledged.

openfly
    Participant

May I thank all the contributors and information on this thread. I am in the process of starting a legal case against BA regarding being offloaded from a flight for no good reason. They keep coming back with “we are still investigating your case” hoping that I will go away. No way! Thanks all.

1 user thanked author for this post.

openfly
    Participant

Thanks to all the posters on this thread. The information will be invaluable. I am about to start a legal process with regard to being off-loaded from a BA flight, for no apparent reason. They have already refused EU262. They refused to find me another flight….it’s turning very nasty!

GivingupBA
    Participant

[quote quote=876050]Thanks to all the posters on this thread. The information will be invaluable. I am about to start a legal process with regard to being off-loaded from a BA flight, for no apparent reason. They have already refused EU262. They refused to find me another flight….it’s turning very nasty![/quote]

openfly and forum moderators, I am really sorry that I must have mistakenly hit the “inappropriate” button by mistake when trying to reply and to hit the “quote” button. I just wanted to wish openfly good luck and say I would’ve just shrugged it off because I couldn’t be bothered – which is the wrong thing to do, we should fight for our rights [partly to help others].

openfly
    Participant

@GivingupBA…..thanks, no probs.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Chris
    Participant

[quote quote=875931]Thanks. Oddly enough I sent two on the same day (im enjoying GDPR), one to BA and one to a political party and neither has been acknowledged.[/quote]

3 months in and still no response to my subject access request. Am chasing now with a threat to report them to the ICO. I suspect they have quite a close working relationship with the ICO at the moment….

canucklad
    Participant

Hi Chris and Openfly
    I’m not an expert in aviation complaint management so I might be wrong, others might be more savvy on the matter and advise differently.
    However, it seems BA have totally failed their SLA with you both. I’m sure companies have 40 days to respond to a SAR and have no more than 56 days to resolve a complaint. If it goes beyond 56 days you can actually start a new process with BA, IMPORTANTLY making sure you request a complaints reference number for your 2nd complaint.
    Your 2nd complaint should specifically be about the failure of the complaints resolution process (56 days) and not about the original complaint. You must make it very clear , otherwise they might interpret your new request as a request to re-open the original — this will potentially let them of the hook as they reset the clock!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=888067]I’m sure companies have 40 days to respond[/quote]

1 calendar month after date of receipt of the request.

This is from the ICO website

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

Companies hate receiving DSAR requests. I recently made a complaint to an insurance company and at the same time also requested a DSAR on the basis a claim was turned down, I feel unfairly. I challenged the DSAR 3 times as I was not convinced all documents were sent. In the end, the complaint remained unsolved (I withdrew it) but I received more from the firms failure to comply with DSAR than the amount of the claim.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls