Flying with Aeroflot

Back to Forum
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Anonymous

Giselle
    Blocked

Hi, there!!! Could anybody advise me if it is safe to fly with Aeroflot and what is the service like on its flights?! Many thanks!

VintageKrug
    Participant

Pretty safe; much of the Aeroflot fleet which serves Western destinations uses western aircraft.

Here is their crash history; the only major crash involving a western aircraft (A310) in 1994 was purely caused by the captain’s children taking control of the aircraft (!) and I am certain that would never happen again….

http://www.airdisaster.com/cgi-bin/airline_detail.cgi?airline=Aeroflot

Giselle
    Blocked

This accident is terrifying!!! How could the pilot put into risk lives of so many people on board just for the sake of lettinghis his children to fly the aircraft!? Have you heard anything about their service?

Citiflyer
    Participant

I travelled with Aeroflot from Heathrow to Beijing via Moscow. The only downside to the flight was the stopover in Moscow airport. Not much to do if you have a long wait.

Overall the service was fine and I would say above other carriers I’ve flown like Bmi or KLM.

viking01
    Participant

Yet another reason children should not be allowed on planes

watersz
    Participant

They seem to have changed then from thier soviet days ,when thier marketing tag was “Aeroflot-fly by plane” ?????–such imagination

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think someone on here flew them, albeit a while back, and praised their service on board.

You will certainly not go short of lubrication from the bar, though your fellow passenger proclivity to overindulge has caused concern from colleagues who venture out to Moscow from time to time.

If you search for aeroflot you might find out who it was….

Hess963
    Participant

I can tell you about a recent trip in Bus. Class. The European part was flown with a A319. Seating 2-2, generous width of the seat.( it is not the 3 abreast seating with the middle left free like AF or LH). The international part was with a B767. The seat was refurbished with the seating now being full flat till 1.90 m length of seat pitch( see the SU English homesite for more infos over seats). It is actually the same seat like OZ in international bus. class-only that SU makes it full flat. Which means getting a good night sleep.
    In both segments the service and food choices were great. The portions were sufficient. Glasses always tops, no asking for more necessary. The aircraft used were either Airbus and Boeing in good conditions. Flight attendants spoke good and understandable english. I would say the time of mocking over old Soviet style airlne is-especially with these experiences- obselete. Overall a very good product. I could even say, perhaps the best Skyteam airline in Bus. Class at the moment.

svetclem
    Participant

I am british and i have flew with Aeroflot 4 times from the UK , Poland and back from Russia. Each journey felt safe and meals was really good. I would fly with them again

JonathanCohen09
    Participant

Hello VK,

what an excellent memory you have. I flew with Aeroflot a while back and praised the service on board.

To reiterate, I was supposed to fly Czech Airlines from Prague to Moscow and had to change from an afternoon to an evening flight. I forgot that the evening flight was the codeshare operated by Aeroflot.

We were on a relatively new A320 with excellent 2×2 permanent seating in C class which was very comfortable for what at 2 hours 45 minutes was a relatively short flight. It would have been fine from London as well which is up to 4 hours.

I was very pleasantly surprised by the onboard service which was very professional throughout with one of the nicest 3 course meals I have ever eaten on a European business class flight.

I certainly felt safe and well looked after and would not hesitate to fly with them again.

Ricjackal
    Participant

It s sad that most people today only remember the bad things and hardly remember the good.
    Ive only taken the 1 return with them and have found the crew to be as professional as any Airline around and the food was Good to.

Hess963
    Participant

Hi everyone!!

Did anyone of our SU frequent flyers already experience the new C seating in the A330-200 which is just being introduced in the fleet.
    If I am right it is a seating from Sogerma Evolys-Range?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls