Flying Europe to USA in 2021

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

• RoyJones
    Participant

[postquote quote=1086808][/postquote]

this commits you to using that airline. My understanding is that if you change dates then you are obliged to pay the then price for the new date which may not be the same. I’d still agree its worth the risk.

maxgeorge
    Participant

You’re right. But AA’s 777 Business seating is 1-2-1 (cf. BA or UA), so no worries there.

Plus my Citibank AAdvantage Mastercard allows full refunds for cancellation.

I should have made clear that $2400 fare was Round Trip. A steal.

Doubles all round, then?

1 user thanked author for this post.

CAI
    Participant

When BA had a half-price Avios redemption sale last October I managed to book 2 First Class tickets to LAX for 3-14 March. On current circumstances there’s about 10% chance that we’ll get there which is a shame as these tickets cost a total of £2321 as a result of a TRIPLE WHAMMY:

1. 05/2020 Half price purchase of 85,000 Avios £792
    2. 10/2020 Half-price Avios Redemption 85,000 instead of normal 170,000 for First return LHR – LAX
    3. 10/2020 BA Companion Voucher used to book 2 seats in First for 85,000 Avios + £1,334 taxes for 2 people

So total cost for 2 First LHR-LAX return £792 + £1334 + £195 BA Amex Annual Fee = £2321! Anyone beat that?

When seats were booked there were 2 fights per day, B777 with 8 in First + A380. Schedules were changed last week to one daily flight with B787-9 so just 8 seats. Seats on return confirmed in First but outward currently downgraded to (old) CW!

maxgeorge
    Participant

Somewhat fraught situation there, cai82; I hope it works out for you. And hopefully the current US immigration restrictions will be eased by March.

When I had a Chase Bank BA Visa I was able to get a couple of ‘two for one’ redemptions from LAX in First based on annual spending of US$30k.

Very limited availability; out to DUR, return from CPT. But a good deal nonetheless, despite having to transit LHR and pay outrageous UK taxes.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls